Audio playback of Evernote notes

PVish

Hello Everyone!

It's my first time using this forum so if this has been answered already, please forgive me.

I'm currently a Premium user and have the app installed on my iPad, Android phone, and on a PC running Windows 10. I've accumulated a lot of notes for a story I'm working on (almost two thousand) and would like a way to scroll through the entire notebook -- or a selected subset of notes -- and have them read through audio as my current method of reading and sorting seems inefficient. Preferably just read the title and then the note, then move on to the next one item/note and do the same. Kind of like a "playlist"

I don't believe the feature exists but is there a workaround for this, perhaps involving a dump or cut+paste into another app?

Thanks a lot for your help! Really love using the tool!

Regards,

PVish

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, PVish said:

is there a workaround for this, perhaps involving a dump or cut+paste into another app?

Hi. Alexa, Google Assistant or Cortana on your various devices should be able to read a screen to you.  I don't think any of them will be able to read a notebook full of notes though.  The term you're looking for (I think) is "text to speech" as in: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/the-best-free-text-to-speech-software

• Like 1
  • Level 5

On the iPad, go to the settings, accessibility, spoken content.

You will find several options, like read selected text, read the full screen, can set the speech Speed and other options.

Similar options exist on the Mac. Apple does a lot to make devices accessible for every person, so there is a wealth of options in this settings submenu, not only to deal with handicaps, but to customize the system in many ways to make it easier to use for everybody.

IMHO there is no need for EN to duplicate OS functions. No idea on Android or Windows (see the post by @gazumped ).