Using "Copy" on an image doesn't copy it in the clipboard

50 minutes ago, Milincho said:

Using "Copy" on an image doesn't copy it in the clipboard. It works ok in the legacy version, but not on the 10+ version...

Agreed. It is ridiculous that this doesn't work and has been raised throughout the preview, beta and now release stages. The only workaround is to download the image and then insert it where you want it or to drag it to the desktop and then from the desktop to the target document.

funny thing is, tried to copy/paste some pictures from the v10 client (up to date) to a note in Evernote web in chrome - worked!

pasting same pictures in word gives a blank picture

• Like 1

Same here. I right click on the image in Evernote and select "Copy" and it doesn't go to the clipboard.

To reproduce it, I copied some text in an Evernote note, pasted it into Word, no problem. Then I copied an image from the same note, and pasted into Word and the text that I had just pasted was pasted again. The image never goes to the clipboard. You can also reproduce this by just highlighting an entire note, including all words and images, copy it, then paste into Word. The images don't go.

Extremely frustrating, as this is something I need to do a lot. The only workaround I can come up with is doing a screenshot of the note, then paste into Paint or any image editing app, crop it, then copy and paste from there. WAY too many steps, and of course that's just not the original image.

Version: 10.6.9-win-ddl-public (2254)

12 hours ago, deyo246 said:

funny thing is, tried to copy/paste some pictures from the v10 client (up to date) to a note in Evernote web in chrome - worked!

pasting same pictures in word gives a blank picture

The problem is it doesn't Copy anything to the Windows Clipboard, as it should, as the old Evernote did, and as Evernote Legacy still DOES:

qvB5YFH.png

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Milincho said:

This is still a problem in 10.8.5...    how long is it gonna take to fix it?  years, like the "disable spell check" option? 

Possibly not years but, like the spell check thing, it could be months.

On 2/26/2021 at 10:40 AM, agsteele said:

Possibly not years but, like the spell check thing, it could be months.

Sure is such a difficult issue to fix that's gonna require a very long time to investigate and debug.

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, Milincho said:

New 10.9.10 version released and still the exact same problem. 🤦‍♂️

Could anybody from EN team acknowledge the problem at least?

Same issue on macOS, FWIW. Another user has posted a couple of technical support responses related to reporting this issue, so it appears to be a known issue since at least January:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...