Can't access old account with inexistent email

JuGuSm

Idea

Hi,

I have an old evernote account and when I try to connect I get a message saying that I need to update my password by clicking on "lost password" button.

The problem is that I don't have access to the old email I used with this account.

I would like to retrieve my notes, I know my email address and my password but I am forced to change it but I'm not allowed to do it without clicking on "lost password" button.

How can I access my account? 

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You can try to log into the web browser. Top right is your name, beside it a down arrow. Click it, and you find support.

Issue a ticket, choose „account“ as ticket type, because as Basic this is the only ticket type allowed to you. Try to get somebody to help you sort it out. No idea what is needed to proof that it is in fact you who tries to get access to this account.

Thanks for reply :)

Unfortunately I have the same message on the Web browser.

I know the user and passwords are correct because it says to update the password but they ask me to click on the link "forgot password" to do it 😕

• Level 5

Open another Basic account, and use it to get access to support.

Then explain your problem. I think they will guide you through some procedure to make sure you are you, and in the end will work some magic on unlocking the other account.

20 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Open another Basic account, and use it to get access to support.

Then explain your problem. I think they will guide you through some procedure to make sure you are you, and in the end will work some magic on unlocking the other account.

Good idea. Thank you 

• Like 1