Scratch Pad Issue (Character Limit)

BigBug

I really like the idea of the scratch pad on the Home screen. But there's a fundamental problem with it.

I can literally write only 7-8 lines on it before it tells me that "Scratch Pad Full - Convert to Note".

This is a terrible limitation. I want the ability to write down all kinds of things into the scratch pad as, well, a proper scratch pad. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do to increase the capacity of the scratch pad?

Evernote, are you listening? Can you fix this, please?

(I'm on a Mac)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BigBug said:

I really like the idea of the scratch pad on the Home screen. But there's a fundamental problem with it.

I can literally write only 7-8 lines on it before it tells me that "Scratch Pad Full - Convert to Note".

This is a terrible limitation. I want the ability to write down all kinds of things into the scratch pad as, well, a proper scratch pad. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do to increase the capacity of the scratch pad?

Evernote, are you listening? Can you fix this, please?

(I'm on a Mac)

yes there is only a 300 character limit to it. yes it would be nice if it was more but then it would just be better to make a new note no?

but the problem is it will not be as accessible as the scratch pad, i see your point. i hope they extend that limit @BigBug

• Like 1

Wow, 300 characters seems like an incredibly small (and arbitrary) number.

My use case for the scratch pad is to use it as a location to capture ideas throughout the day, notes to self, etc. Then, at the end of the day, I would convert some or all of it into different notes. The limit of 300 characters is WAY too small for my use.

I hope they extend that limit to, well, limitless in the future. Just like any other note...

• Shane D. changed the title to Scratch Pad Issue (Character Limit)
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree, great idea, but fails to provide value due to limitation. 

It's a great idea, but completely useless feature. Only a complete moron would decide to implement such a feature and then handicap it beyond use. They should just call it the Tweet Pad. lol. I use a Mac and I regularly use Stickies to put down quick notes. And I regularly have a Today's Top Priority tasks sticky open. I was excited to see this feature and then went to copy and paste my FIVE BULLET POINT list and it couldn't even paste the entire text and told me it was full. What's even more pathetic, is that the actual scratch pad itself, is only half occupied with text, so it's not even a visual limitation on the screen given its size. 

I'm constantly amazed by how the simple, right in your face things, go unnoticed and get delivered broken, because people just lack the ability to simply think for a second in a different perspective. There had to be a point in time at which someone stopped and thought, this limitation seems stupid, but then thought, ugh, the code has already been committed, whatever. Lazy people make s*** products. You gotta have pride in your work. 

• 2 months later...

I’m perfectly aware that  mine is a one-sided view, however I find the whole idea of a scratchpad completely useless. I use Evernote to write down ideas when I get them and if they are ever worth their salt, I’ll find myself exporting them into other applications. As the ideas can relate to many different subjects, I will find it necessary to retrieve them again later and therefore I need to specify what they relate to, add a title and maybe to put them in a folder or notebook if you will. And that’s precisely what Evernote’s normal notes are made for.  It completely escapes me what the whole idea of a scratchpad is about.  In fact, I am rather curious about why one should be supposed to use a scratchpad rather than a note.