Edit table borders

Bernat

Idea

I can't find how to edit table borders, nor does it seem to be contemplated in the EN article about editing tables. This was possible in the older version. So, is this one more addition to the disappointing worsening of v10, besides the inability to disable spell check?? I could never understand taking out features in new versions of software... When is that NOT going to disappoint customers?!?

I hope this gets fixed - well, the two issues, honestly, because my notes are now full of red underlinings!!

5 replies to this idea

@Bernat to format table content press the small arrow above the box:

image.png.4bba0fac0090fd669c6638a3287b1483.png

To edit border by which i think you mean expand or lengthen or shorten

hover above  the line and move to you choice, hard to get pic for this as my mouse does not show up in screen shot.

as for the dictionary there is currnetly no way to disable it unless you are willing to edit some json file for Evernote. You could try add to dictionary if you are on 10.6.9 

if this does not help be sure to reply.

Hi Rajesh,

I know how to move the border but I can't change the colour, which I want to and could in earlier versions. There is in fact no option about borders whatsoever, as your screenshot shows, like thickness or style, though I don't know if these two were an option before because I don't remember using them. But colour definitely was.

3 minutes ago, Bernat said:

Hi Rajesh,

I know how to move the border but I can't change the colour, which I want to and could in earlier versions. There is in fact no option about borders whatsoever, as your screenshot shows, like thickness or style, though I don't know if these two were an option before because I don't remember using them. But colour definitely was.

What version are you on? you say V10 but which one?

I am not sure about the colours because on the 10.6.9 you have the option to put colours on cells but not on borders and as far as i am aware thickness and style where never an option. Are you saying you want to change the colours of the broders??  as in the grey and thick borders?? these:

image.png.27d65a443704e03f305b1c0a854bac6f.png

This is the info on my version:

10.6.9-mac-ddl-public (2254)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7

Correct, I can put colours on cells but not on borders. In other words, the lines that separate cells cannot be orange, for example. It used to be possible.

1 minute ago, Bernat said:

This is the info on my version:

10.6.9-mac-ddl-public (2254)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7

Correct, I can put colours on cells but not on borders. In other words, the lines that separate cells cannot be orange, for example. It used to be possible.

Oh i never knew that was possible before, It may not be available yet. They are trying to ship old features back now, It will be here soon, if they decide to make it reavailable. Meanwhile you can press send feedback on the Evernote and put in the suggestions, they may not read it but its worth a try, more success rate then posting here hoping for staff to help you.