A loss for words

I have spent the past several weeks trying - unsuccessfully - to download the notebooks I want to be offline, and have become more and more angry about the pile of rotting garbage that is Evernote v10 for iOS.

I believe that either @DTLowor @PinkElephant suggested deselecting the offline notebooks in settings, then restarting the app. And then begin downloading the selected notebooks again - via settings.  For that, thank you.

Son of a ***** if it didn't work! I did this with the notebooks one at a time, smallest to largest, until finally only the largest one remained.

Made up of over 10k notes, and bigger than 10GB in size, Evernote took the larger part of a full week to download, but it successfully finished.

Oddly enough, it's like I don't know what to do with the app now that offline content is really there. I spent so much time trying to restore basic functionality that I haven't made time for evaluating the note editor, etc.

No app should be this defective and deficient - there truly is just no defensible excuse for this. I hope that perhaps some sense of how much they've f**ked us with this app - all of them, really, gets in front of Ian.

5 hours ago, southernforge said:

A loss for words

I have spent the past several weeks trying - unsuccessfully - to download the notebooks I want to be offline, and have become more and more angry about the pile of rotting garbage that is Evernote v10 for iOS.

I believe that either @DTLowor @PinkElephant suggested deselecting the offline notebooks in settings, then restarting the app. And then begin downloading the selected notebooks again - via settings.  For that, thank you.

Son of a ***** if it didn't work! I did this with the notebooks one at a time, smallest to largest, until finally only the largest one remained.

Made up of over 10k notes, and bigger than 10GB in size, Evernote took the larger part of a full week to download, but it successfully finished.

Oddly enough, it's like I don't know what to do with the app now that offline content is really there. I spent so much time trying to restore basic functionality that I haven't made time for evaluating the note editor, etc.

No app should be this defective and deficient - there truly is just no defensible excuse for this. I hope that perhaps some sense of how much they've f**ked us with this app - all of them, really, gets in front of Ian.

:D Lol, I think we all feel this way at the moment @southernforge they are a mess right now. But just wait for a while and hopefully they put their act up. It is hard to ignore all these annoying issues that V10 has in all platforms. But be sure to remember this is only the start of a long journey for both us and Evernote and someday we may see a mighty elephant. The only issue that i have at the moment is that the devs are not listening as much as they should. Maybe because they already know and don't want to put petrol on flame or they are really are blind.  However, they should keep their promise as this "Large Volume shipping capacity" that they boast about should fix things, but it all depends how quick they are and even for a large company as such they are still slow, But a massive improvement from the years of nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Just downloading offline to my iPhone now (iOS 14.3, EN iOS 10.4): All notebooks offline selected, autoscreen off set to never, iPhone on charger, currently 9hrs into it, 2/3 done, will be 16GB when done. Sort of digital detox 😉

On my iPad offline is still working fine, offline content is updating in seconds after new notes have been synced from the server.

So for me this chapter is closed.

In general the v10 iOS client is working pretty stable since 10.4. Importing notes has not produced a fail since weeks. Waiting for the Apple Watch now, plus table editing, plus a better clipping experience. Hopefully EN will one day integrate audio transcription / dictation into the app.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Maybe yes, would have to search for it.

With current iOS they could simply borrow the feature. If enabled in the settings, it even works offline.

As a workaround I use the app „JustPressRecord“, that grabs the audio, makes a transcript and allows to keep both, audio and text. This can then be shared into EN for archiving.

• Like 2