Note editor - free editing mode

Alxa

Idea

Hi I could not find a thread with this topic - maybe because of my limited English...if so then sorry.

I wonder if anyone else would also find it useful, if Evernote could add some kind of additional "free editing" mode to the editor. That means you could arrange your content (pictures, text, tables, annotations, handwriting) freely throughout the note without beeing restricted to each item on a single line being only left, right or in the centre. You could compare this "free editing" idea to the standard approach of editing in OneNote.

I definitely like the actual clean way of editing notes, this should always stay Evernote standard for me.

But when it comes to brain storming, arranging ideas or the need to freely add some handwriting over the note content we are very limited. This is where I would love to have the opportunity to switch to a "free editing" mode - only when needed. 

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, Alxa said:

I wonder if anyone else would also find it useful, if Evernote could add some kind of additional "free editing" mode to the editor. That means you could arrange your content (pictures, text, tables, annotations, handwriting) freely throughout the note without beeing restricted to each item on a single line being only left, right or in the centre.

I use a table to define a framework for notes788760324_ScreenShot2021-01-19at15_08_52.thumb.png.ca513c26e782f6d5583f67e19b423cf2.png
Columns and Rows can be combined to create a free form layout
The screenshot is my daily journal note