"Capture Screen" "Capture Window" "Capture Selection" do not work after update

Since the update in December I no longer can use the 'capture screen" "Capture window" or "Capture selection" which is something I rely on heavily for my note-taking. Any recommendations for how to correct this or a way I can go back to the old version?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, LSudnik said:

Since the update in December I no longer can use the 'capture screen" "Capture window" or "Capture selection" which is something I rely on heavily for my note-taking. Any recommendations for how to correct this or a way I can go back to the old version?

Currently only capture screen is available on the v10.6.9 others i think are making their way in future updates. If the others are really

then you can downgrade to the v6 of Evernote and wait until the future updates provide you with the functionality

here is a link that explains how to revert to older Install an older version of Evernote – Evernote Help & Learning

• Thanks 1

I updated today and use the Capture Selection daily to clip a ton of things from my Evernote desktop shortcut. To my dismay, the update no longer allows this and I've spent way to much time trying to figure this out. The Quick note does not show any capture selection as I do it and it instead throws it to an individual note per selection. HELP....please tell and  allow users to capture select to quick notes multiple times within a note!!

If possible, please share how to do, ty!

• Like 3

I'm really not pleased to lose this functionality. I've been using (and paying for) Evernote for many years, but maybe it's time to look for alternatives. I'm so tired of losing features in Evernote and then waiting to see whether they creep back in later updates.

• Like 1

Do the folks at Evernote even read these posts? This issue was first reported back in October 2020 -- three months ago. The "capture selection" function is one of the most useful extensions of EN and it is key to my research/note taking workflow. This glitch is a major failure on the EN upgrade team. Come on folks. I thought y'all knew what you were doing.  Shall I switch to OneNote?

My work flow is severely impacted by them breaking this function - what they call the 'Evernote Helper'.

I fear that they did not understand the use case of this function.  This function alone could sell Evernote in our current days of Zooming all day.

My workflow is that I would have zoom meetings/classes for 3-4 hours at a time. I would screen grab constantly and type in my notes -- I would either leave the screen grabs in the Evernote Helper, leaving that window open and drag them into a new note - and sometimes I would just type in that note. It was so fast, efficient and even if in the middle of taking notes something crashed -- never once did it ever lose a note I had been editing. I was usually shocked it was still there! 

Now they way they have implemented it is pretty much useless..  It should put the clip into the actual Evernote helper -- not ship it unseen back to the app and create and individual note just for it. It should go into the Evernote Helper note that is open. 

DO you think this is a bug that they just are shipping the clip to the wrong place? It seems not difficult to make this change.

We must have this function...

What I have been doing instead is (mac): shift-command-4, then see the little note (before it make a file) -- try to grab it in time before it disappears, drag it into the current note, AND THEN wait 10seconds to 1 1/2 minutes to put it into the note.  Meanwhile minutes of the lecture/meeting has gone by without being able to type in the note!!  [ I fixed this by turning the Internet off just for the evernote app while I am doing this.. and that changed the response time to max 10 seconds and sometimes 1 second.]

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Has there been an update on the status of fixing this?

I too was an everyday user of this function. During meeting and courses, I often screen captured and wrote my own note underneath, and sceen captured again. It was very neat and efficient. The perfect tool! I pay mostly for this feature, and this feature only. Otherwise, I'd just use any other note app. 

Please bring back!