You cannot export a notebook anymore

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, GSDENTAL said:

Te Evernote team has really done it this time. You cannot export a notebook as a ENEX file anymore. You are really stuck. You cannot even migrate from this program any longer !

You could always go to the Notebooks page,  right-click a notebook and choose 'export',  or just use the Legacy version...

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, GSDENTAL said:

Te Evernote team has really done it this time. You cannot export a notebook as a ENEX file anymore. You are really stuck. You cannot even migrate from this program any longer !

For the Version 10 product, we can export notebook data273410904_ScreenShot2021-01-18at08_17_57.png.62a2bfb49409c6f3a334f3c8cc66e654.png
Using the Notebook page, right click a notebook and select Export

Personally, I'm using the Legacy product and have no problem exporting my data

I'm running legacy version 6.25.2.9198 (309198) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954).

I started getting the warning that I'm exceeding my monthly (free) allowance of 60meg/month.

I do have a few LARGE notes that I update regularly, so need to remove (archive) most of the few large notes I have so I can continue adding more info to those, without re-saving 99% of the info in those large notes each time I enter more data and hit “save,” this is likely the reason I'm hitting my limits.

When I EXPORTED my current notes (just one notebook-exported “all notes”) to an ENEX format for a permanent archival backup, the size of that file is around 19 Meg in size, BUT when I look at my actual database files in USER\chas\documents\evernote\databases, I see that just my .exb file is over 223 Meg in size . . .

Running Win 8.1 pro 64 with plenty of RAM and storage space.

How can the 19 Meg file be a full backup of my 223Meg active file?

Something doesn't make sense, have reviewed several help pages, can't see anything I'm doing wrong (simple process in legacy version).

Any help understanding what's happening, but MORE IMPORTANTLY, how to do a full archival backup of my notebook (notes) would be appreciated.

Think I may need to do a full backup to web pages JUST IN CASE and see how large/many pages that turns out to be.

Thanks for any help

Chas

• Level 5*
44 minutes ago, chaspear said:

When I EXPORTED my current notes (just one notebook-exported “all notes”) to an ENEX format for a permanent archival backup, the size of that file is around 19 Meg in size

Just a guess - you didn't export all the notes in the notebook

I'm using a Mac and have two options
- select the notes > right-click > export notes
- select the notebook > right-click > export notebook

I use html format so I can access the notes without importing into Evernote

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, chaspear said:

How can the 19 Meg file be a full backup of my 223Meg active file?

Hi.  As long as you're still using the last public version of Evernote you'll have access to local notebooks which (AFAIK) are not part of the upload limit restriction.  You'd need to create a new local notebook,  then drag and drop the larger notes (or use the app 'Move') them into the new notebook.  NB this is information that is entirely local to the device it's on.  Back it up - it's your only copy,  and it won't be accessible from any other device.

As an alternative,  in the All Notes list view,  sort your notes by size and export the largest notes to ENEX.  Re-import them to a local notebook and delete the originals.

Can't help you with the discrepancy in database sizes - if you're exporting one notebook from All Notes that should be all you need...

On 1/18/2021 at 9:18 PM, gazumped said:

You could always go to the Notebooks page,  right-click a notebook and choose 'export',  or just use the Legacy version...

I'm using v 10.6.9 [free] on MacOS 10.15.7 (Catalina). I'm trying the right-click (Ctrl-click) method on a notebook, but I get no options at all.

Do we know that the Legacy version will work in this case? I just installed it, and now I *do* get options when I right-click, but none of them mentions exporting (see attached screenshot).

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.25.22 AM.png

Edited by BeanyKelly
Tried out Legacy version suggestion; commenting on results.
5 hours ago, BeanyKelly said:

I'm using v 10.6.9 [free] on MacOS 10.15.7 (Catalina). I'm trying the right-click (Ctrl-click) method on a notebook, but I get no options at all.

Do we know that the Legacy version will work in this case? I just installed it, and now I *do* get options when I right-click, but none of them mentions exporting (see attached screenshot).

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.25.22 AM.png

I did find that I can select multiple notes (e.g. all the notes in a single notebook), and export as a single .enex file, whose name I can change to be that of the notebook. Good enough.

• Level 5

A notebook can be exported (AFAIK there is a cap of 10.000 notes in this single notebook).

Then for those who are not afraid of a little system bending there is a config file where by altering a parameter the number of notes that can be selected can be set higher than 50 notes. Since I run a pretty upscale MacBook Pro I have set it to 1.000, which is way above of what I have ever done to a free selection of notes. I think the current limit of 50 is set to make sure even older PCs with slow hardware will not stall. It is not set in stone, or hard coded into the software.

• Like 1