Pasting images sometimes problems

Ever since one of the major upgrades that re-imagined how images are handled in Evernote, pasting images is buggy. I mostly use Snagit to capture screenshots, and when I do, and I paste them into an Evernote note, about half the time I get a message that says "One moment while we attach your file..." and it'll spin a circle for anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds or so. And about one out of every ten times it does this, it times out with an error: "Something went wrong when adding your attachment. Please try again."

Some days it's worse than others. I am currently using 10.6.9-mac-ddl-public (2254) on macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

I haven't seen any consistency as to why it "spools" on some images and not others. Even small images can do this while sometimes big images pop right in without a problem. I have determined that images with transparency aren't a cause either. Images without any transparency can still cause me a problem.

Evernote_OneMomentWhileWeAttach.png

Evernote_SomethingWentWrong.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Same issue here!  The new app design is incedbily buggy in all sorts of ways, but this issue is really annoying, and getting any LIVE help from Evernotes seems impossible. They will not even admit there is a problem, and it is impossible to get any sort of LIVE support anymore from the company!

My workflow involves a lot of screengrabs, which I normally just drag from the snapshot folder to Evernote.  In the old version of Evernotes there were never any issues, but in this new version, i get the freeze which can lock up evernotes sometimes for up to almost a minute !@#$%

There are many other issues with this new version of Evernotes.  I'm currently using 10.18.3.  It's like Evernotes is relying on US THE CUSTOMER to debug their release!  THIS IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE.

What's even worse, this thread started on April 10.  It is now August 12, and no representative of Evernotes has even bothered to reply here in this thread!

I have been a loyal user of Evernotes since they first released it ten years ago, but frankly I am now looking for an alternative! 

• 4 months later...