Accessing / deleting reminder order

• Level 5*

In side list view, I can access Reminder, Reminder Time, and Reminder Done. But not Reminder Order. What exactly does Reminder Order do? How can I access this? And how can I clear it?

I'm on Windows Legacy, but can install v10 if that version makes accessing Reminder Order easier.

• Level 5*

I guess turning reminder off in the app clears Reminder Order, but when I look at the enex for such a note, the Note Attributes contain Reminder Order, Reminder Time and Reminder Done Time tags all with same value (which I assume denotes cleared status), even though all 3 fields are cleared in the app.

<reminder-order>00001231T000000Z</reminder-order><reminder-time>00001231T000000Z</reminder-time><reminder-done-time>00001231T000000Z</reminder-done-time>

For a note that never had a reminder, the Note Attributes does not contain any of these reminder tags.

Wondering if there's a way in the app to eliminate these reminder attributes altogether (apart from copying and pasting content into new note, and then modifying creation and last updated timestamps since I'd want to keep those attributes). Simply duplicating the note via Duplicate Note will duplicate the cleared reminder tags.

• Level 5*
56 minutes ago, tavor said:

What exactly does Reminder Order do?

1. Identifies the note as a reminder
  2. Identifies the sequence when the notes are listed in the Reminders panel  
  • Level 5*

@DTLow, let me pick your brain, since you're pretty good with this stuff.

So even if I clear reminder order, reminder time and reminder done time in EN v6 Windows, those reminder tags remain in the <note attributes> section for that note in the enex file (with values as shown in prior post - there's a value, but it's no longer unique once the reminder fields have been cleared in the app). As a point of comparison, notes that never had reminders do not have reminder tags in the <note attributes> section in the enex. Having these reminder tags can present issues when importing into a note app that distinguishes note types based on the presence of these reminder tags in the enex file being imported.

To create or modify an enex file such that notes no longer have these reminder tags, I'm thinking these are my options:

• find a way to clear reminder fields in EN v6 (or v10) Windows such that no reminder tags are present in enex - I don't see any way of doing this
  • export normally, leave enex as is, import into another app, then make changes as necessary (which will modify last updated timestamp), including modifying last updated timestamp back to original last updated timestamp shown in EN. This timestamp modification is time consuming, so while doable, is not feasible for large note counts (which I have since I used EN for GTD, so lots of notes have reminders)
  • export normally, then edit enex to remove reminder tags
  • same as prior option, but script in AutoHotKey. 

Anything else you can think of?

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, tavor said:

So even if I clear reminder order, reminder time and reminder done time in EN v6 Windows, those reminder tags remain in the <note attributes> section for that note in the enex file (with values as shown in prior post - there's a value, but it's no longer unique once the reminder fields have been cleared in the app).

I'm using a Mac and marked the reminder as removed1062590298_ScreenShot2021-01-17at08_57_41.png.1ff0c10ac6b2fd8de65c45cc80c63157.png
The .enex file shows no reminder attributes

When I mark the reminder as completed
The .enex file shows all the reminder attributes as per your example

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm using a Mac and marked the reminder as removed

How are you doing this in Mac?

In Windows, if a note has reminder, the alarm clock icon is in blue (as opposed to greyed out if no reminder). Turning on the reminder assigns a value to 'reminder order' so now it will show in note attributes. When clicking this alarm clock icon when a reminder exists, options are to 'mark as done', 'clear reminder' or 'add date'. Even if I 'clear reminder', the reminder tags remain in note attributes.

Strange that the behavior would be different in Mac. Unless you are removing the reminder in a different manner?

• Level 5*

Thanks. Strange that "remove reminder" removes reminder tag from note attributes in Mac, but "clear reminder" does NOT remove reminder tag from note attributes in Windows.

I may have to install v10 - perhaps the unified codebase changes things in this regard.