Evernote for Android version 10.4 Release notes

• Level 5

New:

- Action bar and button widgets to quickly create different types of notes.

- Email a copy of a note (paid)

- Stability and performance improvements.

Fixed:

- Opening note links causing an error.

- PDFs captured with ScanSnap not appearing.

- Images appearing as broken links.

- App sometimes logging out after a few days of inactivity

- Searching for special characters while offline causing a crash.

- Squashed a swarm of tiny bugs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Same here, still no roll out of EN10 on all of my Android 10 devices since decembre 2020. Still on EN 8.13.3. Announcing without rolling out for weeks somehow is a show stopper.

• Like 2

Android 8 Oreo here.

I'm still stuck on an old version. 8.13.3

I'm interested because since I have EN 10 on desktop, there are inconsistencies, like : inline code on desktop, 1) becomes normal text on mobile. 2) Then back on desktop the inline code style has disappeared from that line.

(I know this is not the place for bug reports, just an example)

• Evernote Expert
23 hours ago, matiasavila88@gmail.com said:

Solo para android 10??

21 hours ago, StéphaneDeFrance said:

Android 8 Oreo here.

I'm still stuck on an old version. 8.13.3

The v10 release is for Android 10 and above - althopugh it seems to be quite limited even for those of us with those versions of Android. Definitely not released for Android 9 and below as yet.

• Like 1

Happy to see a new version of Android, finally. Was starting to feel that Android is the red-headed stepchild of Evernote development.

I was disappointed to see that app shortcuts were not included at the same time as widgets? Please, is that coming soon? I find them far more useful than widgets.

Example below of the intents that can be displayed by long-pressing on the app icon. The below screenshot is from a chat app, but imagine things like create a new task, create a new simple note, create a recording just by long pressing on the Evernote app icon. And no need to use valuable screen real estate on a widget.

image.png.a940f58f26518eb44e589f053beb254d.png

And here is a guide for developers on implementing this capability:

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/shortcuts

• Like 2

I got a short hands on the EN 10.4 on an Android of a friend who was lucky enough to be in the pool of the first 5% who got EN10. Version 10.4 looks quiet promising! 🙂 So please Evernote, since Evernote Android is already on 10.4: When will all Android 10+ users get the update? Thank you

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Coffee First Thing said:

I use create notes from the notification panel at least ten times a day.

And I've used this a lot.  Until the app was updated.  Now I can't.

I also used shortcuts on the smartphone desktop. They also no longer exist.

So give an answer, is it planned to return all this?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dmitry Fert said:

And I've used this a lot.  Until the app was updated.  Now I can't.

I also used shortcuts on the smartphone desktop. They also no longer exist.

So give an answer, is it planned to return all this?

I sideloaded the old Evernote for Android back onto my phone from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/evernote-corporation/evernote/evernote-8-13-3-release/

• Thanks 1

The app looks and feels great. It's much better then the PC version. That one still needs some serious work, hence why many of us are still using the older itterations.

2 things however with the new Android version:

1. It opens very slow and older notes load very slowly. I have an S10+ so it's definitely not a hardware issue.

2. You can no longer add note shortcuts to your homescreen which is a big minus in my opinion.

• Like 3

Thanks so much for the list of improvements!

I also agree with some of the others who mentioned shortcuts for the homescreen - Very much miss being able to save a tag or notebook icon right on the homescreen to jump right to it! 

• Like 2

On my P20 pro (android 10) Evernote app was regularly updated to 10.4 on Jan 14th, 2021..

But now when I try to start it, it just shows the evernote green logo and then closes without showing anything else.. 

I already tried cleaning cache, reinstalling and whatever.. same problem..

What I'm supposed to do? I've been using this for 10 years, I'd love to be able to keep using it!

Thanks

My android updated to the latest version last night, all my notebook shortcuts on my home screen disappeared and there is no way to make a shortcut for the separate notebooks on homescreen...help, this is an option I used all the time

• Shane D. unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...