[Feature Released in Version 10.7] ◆NOT SOLVED◆ Ability to disable spell check / Anoying red line.

mindtail
Go to solution Solved by mindtail,

Idea

Version 10.6 is released.

• “Learn Spelling” / Add to Dictionary is now available via right click context menu in the editor. This will add the word to an Evernote custom dictionary, and it will be no longer flagged by spellcheck. 

But, there is no function to disable Spell check. There is only "Add to Dictionary".

Maybe, English user almost solved "red line"(I'm not sure because I'm not English user).

But, non-English user is not. Still red line is every where.

(Don't talk to me.. add every red line word to dictionary... that's horrible. I have to add thousands word all day.)

I really need Ability to disable spell check!

• Like 3

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5
8 hours ago, Dinh Hai Dang said:

I am just going to bump every spellcheck thread up until Evernote is aware of this freaking issue. I was so happy with legacy version. However with the new version, all I see is words with red underline... Arrggg my eyes will go crazy!!!

Now we are all convinced you mastered the art of how to copy and paste, you can please stop double posting !

One statement is enough for the forum to discuss. Thanks.

• Level 5

You are not punishing EN, you are destroying the usability of the forum for other users.

You copied your post several times (6 or 7, if I counted right). His means that 5 or 6 other posts, as valid as yours, are pushed down and from the first page. If these ever get noticed again, it will be late for their issues.

It is a question of fairness to other users not to abuse the forum. For Basic users (often young people) this is the only support lifeline.

This is my reminder to forum etiquette: Post, but don’t duplicate.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:12 AM, DennisPark said:

Please help me. All my notes are like this.  I don't wanna spell check forever.

In the latest version (10.7.6) there is the ability to switch off spellchecking.