JUST. LET. ME. DISABLE. THE. SPELLCHECK.

Add to Dictionary? What dictionary? I don't use dictionary, and it can't be found in the app. What a joke. Is it that difficult to just giving me the option to disable it? I mean, what the heck? I'm constantly, I repeat, CONSTANTLY requesting you VERY SIMPLE THING FOR MONTHS and you're not doing it, without any purpose whatsoever. And I'm not the only one requesting it. There's a whole forum post on this issue and my post will be in that too. At this stage, I'm started to believe that you guys are teasing me, just to laugh at it. Because out of this reason, I can't find any more reasonable answer to it. Is it some rocket science level stuff? Please. Give me the option. I'm freakin' begging you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Kade changed the title to JUST. LET. ME. DISABLE. THE. SPELLCHECK.
  • 2 weeks later...

It's beyond disgraceful that this feature wasn't available when the new version launched, and even more so that it still hasn't been added.

I genuinely wonder if Evernote is in so much trouble as a company that they have a random dude on Fiverr managing their entire development.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

From what little information we have, it seems the devs are working on a full settings menu. Spell check is part of it, probably they want to release it as a complete feature.

Currently I would use legacy if you can’t live with it - as I understand the red flood mainly hits users with multilingual content. 

14 minutes ago, agsteele said:

v10.7.6 is just released and has an option under preferences to turn off spell-check.

How did you know that? My desktop client on 10.6.9 was reporting no available updates, but when I went to just download the installer it was indeed 10.7.6.

So glad to finally be able to use Evernote 10. This spell checker nonsense has been ridiculous.