10.6 (mac) Still has serious core performance issues! When the F*** is the Minimum Feature Set going to be fixed?

I'll save the text and time about the Evernote release being a colossal fail rant...but when the F*** is Evernote going to fix core issues for note taking? That is, 1) Search is horribly slow for a note  and locks up 15-30 sec 2) Pasting screen shots completely locks up the note for 15-30 seconds (can't type or move cursor) a) selecting text takes forever b) moving cursor lags c) scrolling screen locks and lags 3) The longer the note is open and more screen shots added and or text is entered the slower it is to F*** type some basic text making the product un-F*** usable!

"WHEN WILL THESE CORE ISSUES BE FIXED FOR BASIC NOTE TAKING; INSTEAD OF F*** releasing more chrome for a stupid A** home page?"

I mean seriously WTF is product thinking here? Are they aware that the basic minimum features are not working and thus causing the product to be unusable, but yet they want to release stupid SH*t like an updated home screen? 

I would personally reverting to a "real" version... e.g.

On Mac I was sticking with 5.6 or 5.7 depending on machine but one computer I had to install Big Sur and that killed the v5 clients... I tried v10.4.3 I think it was, regretted it after barely a few minutes then looked up older versions... Lots of people point to the "Legacy" versions but I don't trust they didn't do something nasty in the code we haven't discovered yet......

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Legacy is running fine on my Mac, BigSur. Why bother about what might be if what IS does not do the  job ? I am running v10 to get a feeling of it, and do some testing, but I would not rely on it yet to do productive work. So there is no alternative than to run legacy for now.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Legacy is running fine on my Mac, BigSur. Why bother about what might be if what IS does not do the  job ? I am running v10 to get a feeling of it, and do some testing, but I would not rely on it yet to do productive work. So there is no alternative than to run legacy for now.

Except that EN is saying that it IS safe. You're treating it as beta and that's good, but the general user doesn't have that background and trusted EN. Just hope we all learn from that lesson.

• Like 3

IMHO v10 even in the current form was a mistake, compounded by "hiding" a hacked about "legacy" version on a support document - better would have been linking to the still available still working releases on the download page with a clear note about the different versions and the missing features of version 10... Saying there s no alternative but Legacy is untrue... As for EN saying the various app stores don't allow "downgrades" there is nothing stopping EN making another app version alongside the new version using a different name, maybe called "Evernote Classic", if they wanted to support their users.... The Evernote 8.x on my Android 9 phone is still working perfectly fine and long may it stay that way.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The "learn" is that EN is not providing updates. v10 is NOT better than v7.x (for Mac). It's a different tool with different functionality. Unfortunately, EN did not explain that well and most take "10" to be "better" than "7". In this case it is most certainly not better, only different. For new users, that can be good. For customers who've supported EN for 10+ years, not so much.

• Level 5

No releases ??? Current count is 10.6.9 for desktop and web, 10.4 for mobiles.

Maybe these releases are still not there (depending on the features one is using), maybe we would be happy if the next releases would fix some stuff we really want to get back. But since I am with EN, I have never, ever seen as many updates rolling out in such a short time than since the initial v10-release.

Yes, this first release was buggy as hell, and not mature enough to be released. Personally I would have wished EN would have kept things on a solid beta for much longer. But this is the past. Since then the pace and quality of what we got was IMHO pretty good, giving and taking a few bugs.

• Like 1