Evernote for Windows (Microsoft Store) HIGH CPU and RAM Usage

Hi, 

Today I updated Evernote to the latest version via Microsoft Store and a BIG pproblem is happening, I can see the memory and CPU consumption go high and low like crazy whenever the app is open. Only fix is to completely quit the application. Attached you will see some screenshots. RAM goes from 427 MB to 3.5 GB of memory in few seconds. I have activity log ready to be sent when requested

10.6.9-win-ddl-public (66)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7

EvernoteRAM.JPG

EvernoteRAM2.JPG

EvernoteRAM3.JPG

Wow, This is not new for me but 3 gigs... I actually don' know what happens to make this occur but the way I have dealt with it which is 3 times in 2 years is by stopping/ End task the service and if it does persist like yours is doing, setting the priority to low or below average, does sort the issue out most of the times. This may help  @Luis Medina. Also, consider downloading Evernote from website rather than the MS store. I know this may seem scary for some people but the MS Store is a big waste of space, CPU, and essentially RAM. This is just general advice but looking at you spec's you probably don't need to bother. best of luck.

• 4 weeks later...

When I edit a note my fan sounds very loud, the CPU goes to 100% and Evernote consumes 60-70% of the CPU. This has been going on for quite a few weeks now and seems to be more serious since the last automatic update. So I can't use the app.

Evernote is getting worse and worse since they changed the database system, it has become a nightmare.

HP Probook 650 G2

imagen.png.8e21d14686e9c8ffddd7490f6049172c.png

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5

When it happens, usually one of the sub-processes has gone berserk.

The fastest way out is to really quit the app (not only close it), and restart it. This will stop any EN process running in the background.

Same here. Windows 10, Evernote 10.15.6 (this is the newest version I've installed a few days ago, although the CPU usage problem started long before that)

It's not about one process "going berserk". The issue of insane CPU usage persists after app restart, and is replicable, such as in the following scenario:

• everything seems fine as long as the Evernote app is minimized (so at least there's that)
  • the moment I open the window (the main app window or a single note) and my cursor lands inside a note, the Evernote process' CPU goes over 30% and my laptop starts making upset noises
  • it stays over 30% no matter what I do, unless...
  • I close all open notes and minimize the app again, then it goes down after a while

So, basically, I can't edit a note for longer than five minutes if I don't want to kill my laptop's cooling system...

EDIT: Also, sometimes the open note "freezes" (the individual note's window, or the entire main app's window, if I have it open there), and I have to minimize & show it again to unfreeze it. This seems like it may be connected to the CPU issue.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

My next step would be a full uninstall, using something like Revo Uninstaller. Make sure all local data is removed, by unchecking the „keep local data“ setting and logging out before quitting and uninstalling.

After that do a clean reinstall from the EN website, open it, log in and now wait for the initial sync to happen.

No guarantees …

Alternatively you can contact support.