Evernote for windows: Main window not available anymore

Hi all,

yesterday after I made a merge of two notes (not sure if this operation was actually the trigger for this) the main app window disappeared. Now when I open the app I get only a window of one of the notes. I tried out everything like signing out/in again or uninstalling/reinstalling the app but still the same I can only see one note only. Not the main app window. Therefore it became completely unusable. I am using the latest version i.e. 10.5.7-2171.

I am very disappointed.

Edited by gcolangelo
15 hours ago, gcolangelo said:

Hi all,

yesterday after I made a merge of two notes (not sure if this operation was actually the trigger for this) the main app window disappeared. Now when I open the app I get only a window of one of the notes. I tried out everything like signing out/in again or uninstalling/reinstalling the app but still the same I can only see one note only. Not the main app window. Therefore it became completely unusable. I am using the latest version i.e. 10.5.7-2171.

I am very disappointed.

If you launch a note in a separate window you will get a window which contains only the note with no sidebar or note list. You can then close the main app and leave the only EN window open as the "note only" window. However I can't reproduce the behaviour you see. If I then close the window and reopen EN I get the full window with sidebar and note list. The only thing I can suggest is that you make sure you have closed the app completely (ie there is no elephant icon in the system tray) before relaunching it.

23 hours ago, Mike P said:

If you launch a note in a separate window you will get a window which contains only the note with no sidebar or note list. You can then close the main app and leave the only EN window open as the "note only" window. However I can't reproduce the behaviour you see. If I then close the window and reopen EN I get the full window with sidebar and note list. The only thing I can suggest is that you make sure you have closed the app completely (ie there is no elephant icon in the system tray) before relaunching it.

Thanks Mike for your feedback. It's weird, I basically don't have access anymore to the main EN window and it became unusable. I tried not only to quit the app and restart it but to re-install it completely from scratch. Nothing helps. So I went back to EN legacy.

This turned out to be a very stupid thing: I pressed inadvertently the expand note button and once you press it the main menu disappears. Also if you logout/login de-install/re-install this setting stayed stored somewhere and thought it was some sort of bug. The solution is simply to collapse the note again and the menu will re-appear.

• 11 months later...