Evernote Helper "Quick Note" Improvements (or third party alternative for Mac/Chrome extension?)

aukirk

Idea

First, I have always disliked the builtin Evernote helper for MacOS and never understood why they didn't have a menu bar app similar to what FastEver provides for iOS.  However, it has gotten worse with v10 and I am wondering if anyone has any suggested third party alternatives... at least until they consider:

1) Allow pasting into the scratchpad.... often I grab a screenshot (Cmd+Ctr+Shift+4) and used to be able to paste that image into the Evernote helper to create a note.... now it doesn't accept screenshots.  Yes, I can use the screengrab tool within the Helper, but that adds the note separate from any text I want to add, which I then need to combine in Evernote... so it isn't much help.

2) Please PLEASE let me set a title or at least use the first line of the scratchpad note as the title.  I was not a fan of the legacy helper, which only displayed the first few words (followed by...) and always wished it would give me a full title... but now it just indicates "Note - Jan, 13, 7:14am".... that is not useful at all.  (a) I know it is a note since it is in Evernote, (b) the create time is displayed right there in Evernote.  When I have a busy day dumping a lot of thoughts into the inbox, it is frustrating that I can't skim through the inbox later to find the ones on specific topics when I am processing messages.

3) Why not just provide a full version of the new note interface from the helper menu?  Can't we get access to a title, full body of the note, tags and reminders?  

It seems that a number of third party apps provide these features through iOS using the API to add the info to your Evernote, but I haven't seen any options for MacOS.  It seems that even a Chrome or web-based tool would work.... anyone have any solutions?

• Like 2

4 replies to this idea

5 hours ago, JMChapa said:

Same problem here. The current quick note sucks comparing it to the previous one.

Pleaaase fix it!

IMHO the prior version sucked as well.... it is better than the current version, but was also unnecessarily limited.  Provide a field for title, note body, tags, notebook and reminders... then it will be perfect.  

Yes, the quick note in the new update is TERRIBLE and gives me a lot of stress. The notation and the fact that I have to manually close the 'oke, got it' window in Mac. Very annoying and goes completely against what Evernote is supposed to do: make our life easier. Please, make it so no additional button needs to be clicked and the title is the same as the note.

10.7.6-mac-ddl-public    quick-note is terrible in comparison with previous versions.

Previously, within a single note I was able to take multiple screenshots and annotate them using the quicknote function. BUT no longer.