Update: Email a copy of a note

• Shane D. changed the title to Update: Email a copy of a note

I have a question about the new email feature!

Does the Evernote App make a record of all the notes that have been shared via e-mail? It would be great if it did so a user can go back later and see what notes have been shared by email.

Also, it will be vitally important to be able to send note contents in an encrypted form. The Evernote app should encrypt the email within the user's computer, send it, and the recipient should be able to decrypt the note in their computer whether they have or don't have Evernote. If they don't have Evernote, they should be able to decrypt the note contents via an appropriate web link through their browser.  In this manner, the note contents will be secure while moving through the Internet.

:)

• Like 1

There is a claim that there is a new version 10.6 for the mac by an adminstrator, but my version 10.5.7 is still listed as the most current.  Evernote - you are disappointing after many years of being a faithful user.....

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Can’t confirm this.

Just send a few notes as a test from my EN iOS 10.4 client, to different mail accounts. Note with text, note with picture, note with attachment, note with table.

The text was fine, the picture showed in the e-mail too large (zoom factor was probably set to full size), but was attached as well, the pdf attachment and the table were just send as they were looking in the note. Picture and pdf opened without a problem.

Maybe you mail client has a problem with interpreting the content received. I used the Apple Mail client, plus a proprietary mail client for one of my accounts. Both are able to receive and show HTML content. Maybe a mail client that does not support HTML, or is set to not receive HTML (sometimes it is switched off for security reasons) has a problem to correctly display Mails send from EN.

With a standard mail client, the EN „send a note“ function works flawlessly for me.

I have found it time consuming to now have to download a copy of the note document (without any title or tag info included) and then have to create an email to forward to my a/p department. It seems like you've removed what was an efficient process without providing an efficient work around.  Also we have a business account and the Share button is grayed out so I cannot share even-though I have a paid subscription. Why not add a 2FA in the front end for security purposes instead of messing with what was working for so many? 

• Level 5

???

As posted above, the feature worked fine when I tested it. There is no need for workarounds because you can send a note as an e-mail directly, with just a few clicks. For me it worked with all sorts of notes, plain text, or attached pictures and documents.

If it does not work for you, check your update status. You need to be running as a minimum 10.6.9 on desktops and 10.4 on mobiles. If you do, and it still does not work, issue a support ticket.

It is a business decision to restrict this to paying users. Because all paying users need to have a valid (and by this confirmed) payment identity, spammers have no chance to use mail-by-EN as spamming platform. This is not true for Basic users, because everybody can open a Basic account, with real or invented contact information, and no proof of identity. 2FA does not change this, because you can authenticate by App, which is again without proof of identity.

THANK YOU for bringing back this feature!
I'm having a bit of trouble with entering the email addresses to send too.   Could you provide more information about where EN is looking for the contacts for the "Email To" field?  For me, it's auto filling some contacts; but seems to completely ignore others.  So I'm not sure what's going on.  

• Level 5

Talking about the iOS client:

• Select share a note, select e-mail a copy
  • Start typing something into the address field: Maybe a name (or some) will show, and at the end of the list there is a option „access to contacts“. When you click on it, an iOS Box asks if you want to give EN access to your contacts. Confirm !
  • Eh voila: From now on all of your contacts are searched whenever you type something into the address field. Usually a part of the name will do. The matching contacts appear as a list, that shortens while you type.
On 1/19/2021 at 12:27 PM, fang said:

There is a claim that there is a new version 10.6 for the mac by an adminstrator, but my version 10.5.7 is still listed as the most current.  Evernote - you are disappointing after many years of being a faithful user.....

It's probably being rolled out slowly. You can download Evernote 10.6.9 directly from here - https://cdn1.evernote.com/boron/mac/builds/Evernote-10.6.9-mac-ddl-ga-2254.dmg 

I hope that helps!

• Level 5

The new release was available +/- at the same time in AppStores and on the web site.

What is slow is the user notification. There were a lot of complains about a nagging update notification - maybe when they fixed this, they turned it down a little bit too far.

Who is coming to the forum will know - EN really got better in announcing updates, and writing release notes that help to get things settled fast. Maybe they can get this notification issue back to a normal, not nagging level as well.

On 13/01/2021 at 4:33 AM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

With the release of Evernote 10.6 for Mac and Windows and Evernote 10.4 for iOS and Android, we’ve reintroduced the ability to email a copy of a note for customers with a paid subscription.

We have limited this feature to paid subscriptions in order to help limit the spread of spam. The valid payment method for customers on paid plans verifies the sharer’s identity. For customers who prefer to share notes in this way, it’s a layer of security we offer in addition to 2-step verification (which we strongly encourage all users to enable).

Basic customers can still share their notes by:

• Sharing a link to view a note
  • Inviting someone to view or edit a note

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions, or encounter any issues.

Thank you,

Shane D.

This is great. It works back on Evernote Legacy too.

• Level 5
5 hours ago, HTMT said:

Hi,

Sharing and emailing a Note does not work for me. The "send" button is grayed. I have 10.6.9, Windows 10

Knipsel.JPG

Hi

I think the problem is that a note cannot be sent to the E-Mail address that is used with Evernote. Try to send it to a different address.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Stuhrer said:

Hi

I think the problem is that a note cannot be sent to the E-Mail address that is used with Evernote. Try to send it to a different address.

Indeed, I cannot send the Note to the address I used to register Evernote. Why developers had this twirl of thought, I can only guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am using the Mac Desktop version of EN, with a premium paid subscription. I would like to use the email share feature, and it works, kind of...

It appears that EN does not store addresses that I type into it using the email share feature. I use EN to take meeting minutes and every meeting, I would like to send the minutes to essentially the same people each week. It seems that I have to enter the email addresses manually every time - EN doesn't have a built in address book feature that I can find, nor does it seem to simply remember addresses that I have previously typed. Oddly, there are four addresses that do pop-up when I start typing an address, but I did not enter them manually and I have no idea why they do pop-up (maybe they are already EN users?) 

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Why is it just me - I can't even log onto my notes online - don't worry about the notes - I haven't seen any for over a year - Poor Evernote support team - I have tried to email several times and it disappears into nothing - I am patient only because I don't want to lose my previous notes - but seriously Evernote team - can someone please reach out to me and fix my problem? 

• Level 5
On 2/8/2021 at 10:29 PM, Rick C. said:

Hi,

I am using the Mac Desktop version of EN, with a premium paid subscription. I would like to use the email share feature, and it works, kind of...

It appears that EN does not store addresses that I type into it using the email share feature. I use EN to take meeting minutes and every meeting, I would like to send the minutes to essentially the same people each week. It seems that I have to enter the email addresses manually every time - EN doesn't have a built in address book feature that I can find, nor does it seem to simply remember addresses that I have previously typed. Oddly, there are four addresses that do pop-up when I start typing an address, but I did not enter them manually and I have no idea why they do pop-up (maybe they are already EN users?) 

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

On the Mac legacy has full Contacts access, if this is allowed in the Security - Privacy settings. For the v10 app there is no such element in the settings, so I assume this is one of the features still missing to the new client.

Conclusion: Install legacy, if this is important for your workflow.

On iOS: When sharing a note, and starting to type a name, proposals will appear below and can be selected. These are matches from the Apple contacts app. One problem stays: There is just one proposal of an e-mail-address per person, and AFAIK on iOS devices you can‘t influence which it will be. 

• 1 month later...

I have an account "Plus". Until today, the e-mail function "send note" was working. Today I get the information that I can't do it without upgrading my account to Premium.
My subscription is valid until June 2021. The feature was bundled when I purchased the subscription.
I demand that it be restored for me, at least until the end of my subscription.

• Level 5

Personally I have no problem with reporting it to other users - this is one of the forum functions.

There was a problem with sending mail into ones EN account, as we know in the last days. This was technical and not related to account issues - for me, mails from 2 of my providers worked, and one did not.

This here is another issue, because it is about sending mails out, not in. But better to keep the 2 issues separate.

On your problem I am with you - on a paid account, terms can’t be changed one sided while a subscription is still running.

Edited by PinkElephant
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

With the release of Evernote 10.6 for Mac and Windows and Evernote 10.4 for iOS and Android, we’ve reintroduced the ability to email a copy of a note for customers with a paid subscription.

We have limited this feature to paid subscriptions in order to help limit the spread of spam. The valid payment method for customers on paid plans verifies the sharer’s identity. For customers who prefer to share notes in this way, it’s a layer of security we offer in addition to 2-step verification (which we strongly encourage all users to enable).

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions, or encounter any issues.

Thank you,

Shane D.

l

On 1/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

Thank you,

Shane D.

Hi, I've been with Evernote for around 9 years, it's been, my whole organizer.

Over time I've had a look at other sites, even Notion, but nothing compares with Evernote.

My reason for this message is, using the new "Home" update makes my organizing even better. But I'm disappointed that the customizing is only for "Premium" holders, I've been paying for "Plus", surely we can have the same benefits to customize.

Cheers Bob