Spell Checker wont correct mistakes

Hi,

So I just downloaded this version on my windows 10 pc:

v 10.5.7 build 2171 public
Editor: v114.1.14753
Service: v1.25.2

I'm getting a minor bug when I misspell something and go to correct it, I would right click on the word and it would pop up the suggested spelling corrections, and I would click on the correct spelling of the word I'm trying for. However I would have to repeat this process up to 6 times because for some reason, despite clicking properly it wouldn't change the spelling of the misspelt word.

• Like 1

Normally I would say update to the latest version @Joshbr32 but I have updated to the 10.6.9 and this does still occur even still. It happens and you have to re-click it a lot of times for it to work and sometimes it doesn't work at all. Some advice @Joshbr32and @PinkElephant there has been countless studies to show that those who rely on spell check become more reliant and more illiterate in spelling and grammar without it. What you could do is use the fact that it still underlines it to show the spelling  is wrong, then use your own knowledge to correct it. I know this seems tedious but it is worth it long term. You could try it until they fix the issue at least.

• Evernote Expert

Work on the spell check is still underway. I believe some more is to come in version 10.7 but no idea whether this will include the ability to make corrections from the dictionary.

I don't think I've ever used the dictionary to make the corrections inside Evernote.  In its early days it only supported a US English dictionary so that wasn't very useful for me in the UK. I take @Rajesh Gaire's approach and go back and fix as I'm typing. But I can see that this is a function that would be useful.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

I just discovered that the ability to correct from the dictionary is part of v10.6.9 so, for me, this issue would be fixed although there are many other things  in the dictionary stuff that still need attention.

I use Evernote to type up lectures in real time, so I need the automatic spell check to correct my typos automatically, as I don't have time to go back and correct them. I've been using Evernote for 5 years and this was one of the main reasons I chose this programme for my studies! I don't need it to correct my spelling but the automatic typo corrections were extremely useful and I'm very annoyed to see it disappear from the update. Does anyone know if this feature will be returning any time soon?