For me, any notes added/deleted today (January 10th) are not being indexed.

So text search, tag search etc will not pick up any new content on various platforms (web, iOS, Mac)

Likewise on some platforms, searching will return notes that have been trashed and deleted.

Notes from last night and before work fine.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
31 minutes ago, iceman melb said:

Now running the latest iOS version and it’s still not right. I suspect the tags are not indexed properly?

Be aware, the search is run on the server (unless you're running offline)   
Allow time for tag changes to be uploaded

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Allow time for tag changes to be uploaded

Hi @DTLowi notice that this could be a catch 22 situation for me. On one hand not all my notes have been downloaded even after a few months and yet some of my tags are not appearing.

so I guess to fix the tag indexes, I should leave my iOS device on “do not sleep” mode?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, iceman melb said:

Hi @DTLowi notice that this could be a catch 22 situation for me. On one hand not all my notes have been downloaded even after a few months and yet some of my tags are not appearing.

so I guess to fix the tag indexes, I should leave my iOS device on “do not sleep” mode?

Plugged in, Auto Lock off, and EN on the screen while you sleep is a strategy to get everything downloaded..

3 hours ago, CalS said:

Plugged in, Auto Lock off, and EN on the screen while you sleep is a strategy to get everything downloaded..

The problem is I have to do that every day as I add and change a lot of tags/notes every day... Surely there is a better long term solution.

ice

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, iceman melb said:

The problem is I have to do that every day as I add and change a lot of tags/notes every day... Surely there is a better long term solution.

ice

My experience has been once you get all the notes downloaded the syncs are "normal" from then.  Issue is completing the first download.  

For my use case I got tired of the issue even with pre V10 and dumbed down what I needed to be offline.  Wasn't that hard to create a notebook and put the notes I wanted 100% access to there.  Frankly not much of an issue for me as I am seldom without access, be it WIFI or cell.  So its mostly a just in case notebook.  Not for everyone and YMMV.

1 hour ago, CalS said:

My experience has been once you get all the notes downloaded the syncs are "normal" from then.  Issue is completing the first download.  

For my use case I got tired of the issue even with pre V10 and dumbed down what I needed to be offline.  Wasn't that hard to create a notebook and put the notes I wanted 100% access to there.  Frankly not much of an issue for me as I am seldom without access, be it WIFI or cell.  So its mostly a just in case notebook.  Not for everyone and YMMV.

I always have WiFi and 4G. The issue was my IOS not always finding the notes when I enter the TAGs - this is when I have WiFi or 4G access. Hence I suspect it's the notes/tags not being updated.

Thanks for the hint. I'll give it a try again.

Ice