10.5.7 Broken - Can no longer drag in an attachment

My Evernote Mac app just auto-updated to 10.5.7 and now I can no longer drag in an attachment!!  This is horrible, but it is even worse because you guys took away our ability to record audio notes.  For this reason, we have been forced to use a 3rd party app to make meeting recordings and then drag them into the note.  NOW we have lost the ability to even do that.    Below is the error I get every time I try to drag in an attachment.  

Daily_Huddle_1-06-20.png.f1d7d1349713aa353989b3680b26ff4b.png

• Level 5

Just tried to drag & drop an m4a-file from my desktop into a note open in EN Mac 10.5.7.

Worked without a problem - a double click then opened and played it in Apple Music, set as standard sound app on my mac.

Other attachments work as well. Double click on a numbers file started numbers, and opened that file, for example.

I just got sick of being disappointed by the new release.  I re-installed the Legacy version and it is SOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER.  It is just night and day.  I'll wait until they are back to feature parity and get all the bugs out.  Then maybe I'll try to stomach the new UI again.