note information shows 'no title', while note actually does have has a title

I have thousands of notes and they all have titles. But if I look at the note information window, it reads : 'no title'  ('naamloos',  in Dutch'. This might explain why no titles appear in Onenote, after converting my notes to Onenote: Evernote has left this field appearantly empty. Why is this so? Have other users the same experience? I use Windows 10 and Evernote 10.5.7

image.png.8dd30afcdfd8ac602fae4851fe76177a.png

• 2 months later...

Hi, You did not get any response, I have the same problem in Evernote 10. Some notes especially the older ones have no title and the note's content displays the article's title twice. I just discovered today. Maybe I need to solve it manually.

4 minutes ago, stef33 said:

Hi, You did not get any response, I have the same problem in Evernote 10. Some notes especially the older ones have no title and the note's content displays the article's title twice. I just discovered today. Maybe I need to solve it manually.

Is it the same on the web version? If the web version is correct it must be some sort of syncronisation problem. If you want to you can delete the local database and it will then redownload it. See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004231762. It might be worth trying a force reload (ctrl-shift-R) before you do that.

Here is an example, 2 titles in the note's content,  the first' style and other settings are greyed, the second' is customizable like any text, the note info displays no title, other notes the same situation but with the title present in the note' info. And there are note which are displayed correctly related to titles.

The web version is the same. The desktop version I encountered the problem is v10.10.5, the latest.

Clipboard0111.jpg

11 minutes ago, stef33 said:

Here is an example, 2 titles in the note's content,  the first' style and other settings are greyed, the second' is customizable like any text, the note info displays no title, other notes the same situation but with the title present in the note' info. And there are note which are displayed correctly related to titles.

I think you may just have to live with it. Does EN find the note if you search specifically in the title (intitle:Google   for example)? That would be a problem if you routinely do those sorts of searches and it doesn't come up because the title field is blank. Another thing to do would be to export the note as an enex file, open it in a text editor and see whether the title field really is blank.

image.png.4aab11061b24ebaf365376ddbd8c0c80.png

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2021 at 2:46 AM, Job Kerssies said:

I have thousands of notes and they all have titles. But if I look at the note information window, it reads : 'no title'  ('naamloos',  in Dutch'. This might explain why no titles appear in Onenote, after converting my notes to Onenote: Evernote has left this field appearantly empty. Why is this so? Have other users the same experience? I use Windows 10 and Evernote 10.5.7

image.png.8dd30afcdfd8ac602fae4851fe76177a.png

This is a late reply, but I am also working on a data export and ran into this issue.

If you export to .enex from v10  these old "auto-titled" notes have this in the metadata.

image.png.2def5823a5089bbeb05b581c6a419cd5.png

If you export to .enex from v6, the same note has a title in the metadata.

image.png.32f505c36f220db816c3643bd18b111a.png

If you run your export from v6 instead of v10, your notes may export with the "auto-title" intact.

I'm going to test this with YARLE and Obsidian.