Why Haven't I Gotten The Update?

I have Android 10 but I still haven't gotten the update Evernote App.

I know this is on a whole que system and its going to be some weeks for the role out but uts been about 5 or so weeks right? Any clue on when all v.10 will be rolled out?

Those updates are the reason I went premium again.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
On 1/7/2021 at 3:26 AM, Challa said:

The Android roll-out seems to have stalled. I suspect that the plan was to only involve a smaller number of users to avoid some of the problems that have afflicted the operating systems.  You did not need to be PREMIUM to get the new version.  It will come when it is released for you regardless of the subscription level.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I suspect that the plan was to only involve a smaller number of users to avoid some of the problems that have afflicted the operating systems.

If this was their play, they executed it poorly. Other companies are using betas for testing and do not prematurely announce publicly that new version is officially available until it's actually available. 😁

• Like 1
4 hours ago, agsteele said:

The Android roll-out seems to have stalled. I suspect that the plan was to only involve a smaller number of users to avoid some of the problems that have afflicted the operating systems.  You did not need to be PREMIUM to get the new version.  It will come when it is released for you regardless of the subscription level.

I know that I don't need premium to use the benefit of the update (whenever it is available). I just decided with the premium feathers and the benefits of the new role out it will be beneficial for me again. So was looking forward to giving it a try but obviously a wait is in store. Thanks for responding. 

On 1/6/2021 at 8:26 PM, Challa said:

I have Android 10 but I still haven't gotten the update Evernote App.

I know this is on a whole que system and its going to be some weeks for the role out but uts been about 5 or so weeks right? Any clue on when all v.10 will be rolled out?

Have you seen all the problems people are having with the update???? I'd be very careful, once you update you can't roll back.

• Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, mikefinleyco said:

Have you seen all the problems people are having with the update???? I'd be very careful, once you update you can't roll back.

Actually, the Android version 10 is not causing as much difficulty as the desktop applications.  Thankfully, it is possible to go backwards in Android - unlike iOS. It does demand some technical competence but if you need to roll back, ask in the forums and I'm sure one of the regulars will point you in the right direction.

As for the stalled roll-out, more folk seem tyo be waiting than have received v10 for Android. No doubt it will be along soon enough.  In the meantime, the earlier version is still working and doing most of the stuff we need.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:32 AM, agsteele said:

Actually, the Android version 10 is not causing as much difficulty as the desktop applications.  Thankfully, it is possible to go backwards in Android - unlike iOS. It does demand some technical competence but if you need to roll back, ask in the forums and I'm sure one of the regulars will point you in the right direction.

Well that would be something new. Evernote support says no roll back and there is no re-downloading the older version as all they are making available for download is the new version. The only work around is a 3rd party website who provides a copy of the old version, you roll the dice on that one, so again, be careful there is no going back once you upgrade. If you have information other that what I just wrote please let us know the details.

• Evernote Expert

As I noted, rolling back the Android app does require some technical competence. I have the APK for the previous version stored here so it is easy enough to switch back. You are correct that the Google Play Store is not offering the older version to everyone but others cannot get the new. There are a number of places where it is possible to get the old version of the app if one wishes.

Having done this, I am happy that it works just fine. Just turn off auto-update for the Evernote app to avoid an automatic update back to v10.