Credit cards getting rejected during payment

Vignesh Sreeram

Idea

I have been trying to subscribe to the premium version for almost a week now. I have tried using 3 credit cards, but am still receiving the error message mentioned below. 

Sorry, we were unable to process your payment. Please check your payment information or try a different card.

Please Help. 

f

20 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Don’t take me wrong, but maybe it has to do with the country where the cards have been issued.

The shortest way to get this solved is probably to issue a support ticket. Log into the EN web client, at the top right is your name and a down arrow beside it. Click on it, and select the support ticket option.

In the following dialogue, select account or payment as issue. Basic accounts can’t get technical support, but can contact support on account and payment. Hopefully they can sort it out for you.

• Like 1

No. The only way is to add money to Google play store and use it.... But you won't get any of the discounts advertised on the Evernote website... 

Frankly, I'm fed up of this nonsense... I've moved to Notion. It's great, much more customisable than Evernote, is cheap and is also free for students

Then how does every other subscription based app work in India except for Evernote? Not one company has had issues with payment.

I agree that RBI changed rules, but the root cause of this issue is because people at Evernote are too arrogant to adapt to the situation. 

• Level 5

Personally I don’t think that this discussion leads anywhere. You have received what you wanted from the forum: Advise how to solve the situation.

If you follow the information provided is up to you. You can contact EN through a support ticket.

I see it's been a while, but I wanted to chime in. First, ensure that the billing information you're entering matches the information associated with your credit cards, including the billing address and zip code.

I have the same problem: Sorry, we were unable to process your payment. Please check your payment details or try using a different card.

1. I can't change the Payment Method in Billing Settings - It's not updating, there is some bug.
  2. I can't pay with any card (VISA, MASTERCARD). Tried different cards and settings.

My bank says everything is fine and the problem is not with them/me, but with Evernote. I want to pay for my subscription, but there's no way I can. I have tried different cards from different banks and users.

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Are you in India ?

Ukraine.

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You don’t need to create several tickets. If you got a ticket number, your ticket was received and will be answered.

Support is just a little slow…

I've been struggling with this for 2-3 weeks now. I've tried everything. I'm going a little crazy. No effective response from support. Only template robotic answers and ignoring.

I can't change the card (Payment Method) in the settings. Reason: infinite saving. There is a card that doesn't exist now.

The system is trying to withdraw money out of thin air. I need help putting a new and valid card. I explained it. 

• Level 5

Why don’t you switch to a subscription through the Apple AppStore or Google PlayStore ?

If EN doesn‘t get your payment, you slip to Free. Your notes are all kept, no problem.

You can then subscribe at one of the stores. Even if you would have a CC problem there, you could still buy gift cards, load them and run an account balance.

And about support: Yes, it sucks. The thing is we forum users can’t help with payments.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Why don’t you switch to a subscription through the Apple AppStore or Google PlayStore ?

There's a completely different price there for some reason. Three times higher.

Just now, PinkElephant said:

They offer rebates  on the different channels, but not synced in timing and amount.

If you want to continue with your CC, you need to wait for support.

How am I supposed to change that now? Return my prices and currency (UAH)