Clip Screenshot ** Evernote icon missing on the taskbar in new version

Dave N

Idea

I have uninstalled the current version and gone back to the Evernote Legacy app.

I use the Clip Screenshot quite a lot unless I missed something it doesn't seem to be in the taskbar in the latest version of Evernote, the web clipper doesn't offer the same flexibility. 

Are there plans to re-introduce it in any future updates?

Evernote Task-Bar.png

• Sad 2

5 replies to this idea

I can get the keyboard shortcut to work but only the Clip Screenshot (Ctrl+Alt+S), thats the end for me, theres alot of features missing in the new version.. shouldnt it have more features not less???

by the way thanks evernote@davesmail.co.uk for posting the keyboard shortcuts, I will obviously be needing them!

How did you revert to the earlier version?

I'm having a similar issue. I have v10.6.9 with the toolbar, although every time I capture a window or selection, it saves it as an individual note. I then have to copy and paste the screen capture from each note (to put it into one note) and delete them one by one, then empty trash every time I capture several selections/windows. Is there a setting to change this and have the screenshots at least be saved in one note? With the older version, the screenshot toolbar feature helped me a lot with productivity when I took notes for classes (I've been using it since 2016). This feature was very helpful with online schooling as well, and I lost this once I upgraded to the new version. 

They are aware of the issue, below is a summary of a response from there customer support team (06/01/2021).

Hi Dave,

Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently aware of this issue, and our development team is working diligently for a resolution.

And yes for the meantime, you can use the Evernote Legacy app until this issue is resolved on our end. I'm also grateful that you were able to clip images using Clip screenshot.

21 hours ago, T.S said:

Is there a setting to change this and have the screenshots at least be saved in one note?

Is there a way of doing this in the legacy version? In the legacy version you could use the shift or ctrl keys when dragging the bounding box to take the screen shot and save it as a file or copy it to the clipboard. I used to copy screen shots to the clipboard and then paste them into one note. That functionaility is not (currently) available in V10. However there are many screen shot apps out there (including the windows 10 snipping tool) so I'm currently doing that.

The copy selection and paste to EN tools are also not in V10.