Evernote Running Way Too Slow Since Update

Kyle Daubenmeyer

Idea

Hello!

I did the update on Evernote maybe two months back. Since then, its almost unbearable to use. Sluggish, it crashes on me, and can't keep up with my typing and therefore I'm constantly waiting on the app. I have it on my phone and my MacBook and both are extremely bad. I tried submitting a request to get help, but the Technical Support didn't offer much help. Is there something coming up in the future where it will go back to normal? I've had Evernote for maybe 7-8 years with Premium and use it daily, but I really am considering finding a new notebook and that just bums me out. I can't even use this anymore. Please help!

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Kyle Daubenmeyer said:

Hello!

I did the update on Evernote maybe two months back. Since then, its almost unbearable to use. Sluggish, it crashes on me, and can't keep up with my typing and therefore I'm constantly waiting on the app. I have it on my phone and my MacBook and both are extremely bad. I tried submitting a request to get help, but the Technical Support didn't offer much help. Is there something coming up in the future where it will go back to normal? I've had Evernote for maybe 7-8 years with Premium and use it daily, but I really am considering finding a new notebook and that just bums me out. I can't even use this anymore. Please help!

You can reinstall the pre V10 version on your Macbook pending EN sorting it all out.  Stuck with IOS though.

Same here.  It appears they went backwards in performance instead of forward. Very disappointing to those of us who have been using Evernote for a decade.  My guess is they are not doing their performance testing with accounts that do not have 20k to 30k notes in Evernote, like a long time user will have.  The fact that they released a new version that removed critical features like recording and performance that is so bad you want to ditch it as quickly as possible, says they are suffering from QA and leadership problems, and just bad judgement. 

It is almost like someone in senior management at Evernote is literally trying to lose as much of their customer base as quickly as possible.   What is the point of a new release when it has less features and worse performance?  That is NEVER a good idea.

• Like 3

Same here. With notes not big then the program runs smooth. But as the notes starting to get bigger, the program really slows down. This is a feature im just noticing after using this app for 3 years. I hope they fix it soon.

Evernote continues to be unbearably slow and even jams up on my phone. What can I do about this? I only use Evernote because my company uses it. I would never use it otherwise. It just causes extra work all the time.  

Same problem, this Is terrible.  I use on my iPad 6th generation with latest iOS software update.  Evernote took several huge steps backwards with this update.  Can someone tell me how to remedy this on iOS?  Any way to go back to the previous version of Evernote?  

• Level 5*

I was having all sorts of issues on my iPad so I deleted and reinstalled.  It seems to be okay now.  I don’t use off line notebooks so less of a loss nuking and starting over.  Problem is if this process has to be repeated.  No way to use software.  YMMV. 

• Level 5

@nenicholas If you know iOS, you are probably aware that there is (practically) no way to install older versions of any app. You could try a jailbreak …

In general I have no issues with the iOS apps, at least on any newer devices. I regard the current EN iOS app to be the best ever released. Supports tables, nesting of tags plus a lot of features introduced with v10 to all clients. The 2 remaining issues for me are the slow download of offline content, and the still missing Apple Watch app.

Since you don’t specify your setup and problems, hard to propose anything.