Have we lost the screen timeout override setting in v10? I use Evernote frequently for recipes while cooking, and it was helpful that I could previously have it override my device's screen timeout setting and stay on indefinitely while I was viewing a note. As far as I can tell, this setting has been removed in v10.

Strangely, my wife's device seems to keep her notes open (though I haven't tested extensively), while mine times out. She has a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE running Android 10 and I have a Pixel 5 running Android 11. Maybe it's related to the OS version?

Does anyone have any insight or experience with this?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, matej1990 said:

Yeah, i also want to have longer screen timeout just for Evernote. Recipes are a pain, because you always have to wake up the screen.

So you have this issue, too? Do you mind if I ask what phone and version of Android you have?

• 2 weeks later...

In this forum there were also complaints about this overriding of the general setting in EN8 (legacy). I assume EN therefore removed this from EN10. Maybe we get a setting within the app in future versions. That would be perfectly fine. As a workaround you could use third party apps to easily toggle screen always on via a widget. An open source example doing exactly this and running on my Android 10 devices: https://f-droid.org/packages/com.github.muellerma.coffee/

On 1/4/2021 at 11:31 AM, matej1990 said:

Yes, same issue. I'm using Pixel 3 XL with Android 11.

So maybe it's specific to Android 11.

On 1/12/2021 at 1:04 PM, Alxa said:

In this forum there were also complaints about this overriding of the general setting in EN8 (legacy). I assume EN therefore removed this from EN10. Maybe we get a setting within the app in future versions. That would be perfectly fine. As a workaround you could use third party apps to easily toggle screen always on via a widget. An open source example doing exactly this and running on my Android 10 devices: https://f-droid.org/packages/com.github.muellerma.coffee/

I get it, people have different use cases. There's currently no setting, so we're stuck with what EN decides to implement. It's just interesting (and a little frustrating) that it behaves differently on different Android devices. To me that sounds like a bug.