I cannot delete tags

I just opened evernote for the first time in a long time and I can no longer delete tags.

These tags are empty with no notes any longer attached to them and I have emptied the recycle bin.

this is annoying as I just did a cull of lots of notes.

9 hours ago, dagda1 said:

surely deleting tags does not rely in a price plan 

You can delete tags on a basic account. That’s that’s not why I asked. I need to know if you’re doing it on a personal account or a business account in order to tell you how to do it.

4 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

You can delete tags on a basic account. That’s that’s not why I asked. I need to know if you’re doing it on a personal account or a business account in order to tell you how to do it.

Oh sorry, I think I am on personal.  I can delete them but an error happens afterwards.  Support told me to downgrade the version.

7 hours ago, dagda1 said:

Oh sorry, I think I am on personal.  I can delete them but an error happens afterwards.  Support told me to downgrade the version.

Gotcha. I'm assuming you're using the latest v10 app if support said to downgrade versions. If that doesn't work, reach out here and if I can I'll help you trouble shoot.

I have a personal premium account (Evernote 10.6.9 on Windows 10 Pro) and cannot delete empty tags.  I can understand requiring an admin to remove tags on a business account, but it should not be this difficult on a personal account.

2 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

For those of you on windows, check out this discussion on the forums. I am not on the Windows platform so I can't physically check it but this might help.

Thanks for the response.  Looking at the linked post again, I stumbled across the answer.

The linked post does not make it clear that you have to click on the "Tags" notebook title to the far left to get the editable list of tags to the right, as shown below.  My cursor does not show up in this screen print, but the "Tags" notebook is highlighted since I clicked on it.  Tags can be manipulated in the list on the right.  Very unintuitive!  I accidently clicked on the "Tags" notebook instead of the tag I wanted to delete, or I would never have found this.

Delete Unused Tags.jpg

• Like 1