Can't rotate a PDF in Evernote

I've used Evernote for years and have loved it. One of my et peeves has always been the difficulty involved in rotating a PDF. I need to do this all the time. Ultimately I learned to right click on the pdf and choose "edit and Annotate". This does indeed open the editing window, but the left and right rotation icons at the upper left of the editing window disappear after the image has loaded. This leaves me with all sorts of tool down the left hand rail that I have no need for, and no ability to rotate the PDF. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something and that this feature has not been removed. If so, I would want to go back to an earlier version of the Mac desktop app. Can anyone assist with this? Downloading there pdf and then rotating it in Acrobat or Preview and saving it again should not be a solution. An app like this, especially one you pay for, should take care of this with an on-screen clearly define rotate icon without having to dig. Thanks again for any help.

• Like 1

HI JeffRedbird. I did have success, or sorts. Two folks at customer support were very good to deal with and indicated that this feature is not active in the latest version of the Mac Evernote app, but took it as a feature request. I indicated that the feature was important enough to me to revert back to the Legacy Version. They provided me the link to do so and I'm back in business. You can run both versions, but should not attempt one while the other is active. At some point, if enough users request this feature carry over to the newest revs, I suspect we'll see it. At that point I will upgrade again. The link provided me is https://help.evernote.com/hc/articles/360052560314

Cheers

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

This is something that should never have been taken away. It is causing me all manner of pain, and the link above is the only thing that kept me from making a hard push to change tools after 12 years.

Thanks for the fix!  The new version really should not have been released without this very basic feature, IMHO! :)

Sean G,  I agree and he folks at Evernote were good enough to understand as well and put the item in the future dev queue. In the meantime, I reverted to the Legacy version of Evernote to preserve this rotation function. Just don't run bth versions at the same time if you do this as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Why in the world is Evernote allowing this horrible omission to exist. Please restore functionality to the new Evernote.  Of course we want to be able to rotate and image without spending 15 minutes rotating it outside Evernote.  Please, please, please restore.  Also why does you help information indicate that images can be rotated when they can't?

• Level 5

You can open the image in the Preview app (directly from EN v10 Mac, just click on the pdf and use the „Open“ command), rotate it and close it in Preview. On closing it will be saved back to the EN note, on closing the note it syncs to the server.

This works completely seamless, there is IMHO absolutely no need to reproduce any of it inside of EN. Preview has much (!) better capabilities to manipulate and edit a pdf file. All of them work, and the result is saved back on closing the window in Preview. It is running on every Mac, free of charge.

Rotating as other pdf operations are as well available using the legacy client.