2020 Calendar got replaced by 2021 - All Data Lost

Ro N
Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Idea

I am  a Basic Evernote User.

I was having 2020 Monthly Planning Calendar wherein I had all Monthly activities planned.

I tried to open a New Note and Insert the 2021 Monthly Calendar.

The existing 2020 Calendar got replaced in the old Note and all my important notes are gone.

How do I revert the changes.

Kindly help me.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

For all of your notes (as long as they still exist, be it inside of the trash or in a normal notebook) note history is running in the background. This is a version log that allows to go back in time. It runs for all accounts all the time, but access to it is a Premium feature.

So if content got overwritten by chance or accident, you can upgrade to Premium for a month. This will give you access to note history. Go back in time to a point when the old content is still there, and copy it to another note.

This is in general what to do in the future as well: When using an important note, copy the whole note and save it as a new note, instead of trying to copy only content.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

For all of your notes (as long as they still exist, be it inside of the trash or in a normal notebook) note history is running in the background. This is a version log that allows to go back in time. It runs for all accounts all the time, but access to it is a Premium feature.

So if content got overwritten by chance or accident, you can upgrade to Premium for a month. This will give you access to note history. then go back in time to a point when the old content is still there, and copy it to another note.

This is in general what to do in the future as well: When using an important note, copy the whole note and save it as a new note, instead of trying to copy only content.

Thank you Very much for the Golden Tip PinkElephant. You just saved me from tons of frustration, stress and  guilt. You are my Santa!!!

• Like 1