Make it easier to rename tags - Add rename to tag menu

Andrea Bisiach

Idea

Tags are great but mispelling or subtle word variation can create undesired tags.

Normally one find out about a wrong tags exactly when you need to use it. You want to tag  note, start typing ahead to find your existing tag and the one you find is mispelled. You can choose to use it and make a reminder to review your tag later, but it's an unnatural process

Please add "Rename tag" to the tag menu displayed when clicking the arrow near the tag itself. It would be a great help to keep tags neat and consistent 

image.thumb.png.9c56e490394d2432ceecea0c0bf01b7d.png 

image.thumb.png.9c56e490394d2432ceecea0c0bf01b7d.png

• Like 1

2 replies to this idea

That would be very helpful. The old desktop program had that feature. Since I still have it installed, and it still works, I have been able to change tag names using it. I would like to transition fully to the new app, but I won't as long as it has gaps like these in functionality.

On 3/8/2021 at 6:21 PM, fae0412@yahoo.com said:

... The old desktop program had that feature....

@fae0412@yahoo.com really? I am running the "old" Version 7.14.1 on mac and that feature is not there. In my version tags can only be renamed from the tag sidebar not for the dropdown menu of tags on notes. 

What version are you running and how do you rename tags?