Does updating notes' tags impact the monthly quota?

I'm in the process of adding/updating tags to 1000s of notes. I'm doing a bulk hack, using the intitle query format and tagging accordingly. Syncing these updates takes quite a bit of time, and had me wondering if it impacts the monthly upload quota. The quota meter isn't too granular. I checked my usage after I did a big set of tag updates (I didn't check it before), and it did seem that I used more than the total of a handful of new notes' sizes, but it's hard to tell for sure. After another bulk update and syncing of tags the quota count didn't seem to have changed, but I don't know how long it takes for the system to update the usage meter. Thoughts?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, krestor2 said:

I'm in the process of adding/updating tags to 1000s of notes. I'm doing a bulk hack, using the intitle query format and tagging accordingly. Syncing these updates takes quite a bit of time, and had me wondering if it impacts the monthly upload quota. The quota meter isn't too granular. I checked my usage after I did a big set of tag updates (I didn't check it before), and it did seem that I used more than the total of a handful of new notes' sizes, but it's hard to tell for sure. After another bulk update and syncing of tags the quota count didn't seem to have changed, but I don't know how long it takes for the system to update the usage meter. Thoughts?

Hmmn.  Unknown,  sorry - you're not changing the note body content,  just  adding/ editing a flag connected to it.  Seems unlikely that would affect your upload limit unless you chose to do more tidying up in that note whilst you looked at it...  We're a mainly user-supported forum though:  you'd need to get a confirmation from Evernote for certainty...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Maybe you misunderstand the service you use: It is not a charity.

Being a paying user got you a better service as long as you decided to use it. Fair enough, you contributed and helped to carry another 8 Basic users along (statistical view, given a paying share of 13% of all users).

Now you are no longer contributing - but your data needs server space, your usage draws on resources. Why should on top of this EN make any effort to explain you the last mouse hole to stretch the Basic model to its limits ?

No, this mouse needs to find out itself where it can go, and how far. And beware of the cat !

• Haha 1