No inline view of PDF > 20MB

11 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Thank's,  but I would like to use new version with corrected functionality. I mostly use iPad version. It's horrible work from Evernote programmers. What is the reason Evernote has for limiting the size of PDF documents for full functionality? Next I cannot use Find function inside notes.

• Like 1

Just tested in under Windows: PDFs > 20 MB do not offer the ability to display it "as one page" (inline). They're seen as attachments and have to be opened by double-clicking or RClick->Open. I think this because of performance issues of the inline PDF viewer.

From my point of view this might be OK (even if not exactly correct and not the same behaviour as in Legacy) because it had been also a performance issue in older versions. If simply click through my notes I want to see them as fast as possible immediately after clicking on the note header in the list.

But - and this is really bad: If you have PDF displayed inline, Legacy finds embedded strings (Ctrl-F) in note text AND in PDF documents. If you have only attached them, Ctrl-F does not search inside the attachments...

Global search operations (Ctrl-Q in Legacy or Alt-Ctrl-F in EN-10) do find strings in both cases.

To check whether the find inside function has changed it associated key, have a look on the key mappings (Ctrl-/ on Windows (Ctrl-# on German keyboards).

I have spent way more of my time than I can imagine trying to simply put photos that I can see - not the file name - in a basic evernote document. Is it even possible that Evernote developers did not test this on Macs before releasing the new version? Please bring the old developers back!

FWIF,  the link provided by MiF let you download 'Evernote Legacy' which co-exists with the latest Evernote.  'Modern' Everynote will not be deleted by install 'Legacy'.    I will stick with 'Legacy' version for a while as being able to see the first page of  PDFs (gives me a good clue) and also be able to search inside the document with any size are essential 'wants'  for me.