New version keeps crashing

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, rjory said:

Ever since the new version 10 for Windows, my evernote will periodically crash, a few times a day.  Once it crashed, you cannot get back into it and have to reboot the computer.  See pdf of error message. I reported this 21 days ago and nothing has changed with each new release since then.

Hi.  Did you get a support ticket number?  If you simply filled in a crash report,  there's no response from Evernote who will be fixing the issue in order of priorities.  Meantime you could try Legacy - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

Or step back to the previous public version: http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.25.1.9091.exe

(Uninstall your current app first...)

• Like 1

Rjory,  Do you have a previous version, or the Legacy EN installed along with the new V10?

I have found that when I have ran the older version it has left processes running after I terminate it.  Then the Version 10 quite often will not load correctly, if at all.

Once I go into TaskManager and end the Evernote processes that are still running, then V10 launches and loads correctly.

I got a brand new laptop and loaded the new version so there was not previous version on it.  This happened on the new laptop and all of my 5 computers.  The legacy version works fine.  I got a ticket number today when I resubmitted this.  I am not confident Evernote will respond at all.  I have been with Evernote for years and when there was a serious problem you could do live chat.  I have a rule that I will not purchase software that only uses email for problems.  Unfortunately they have morphed into that.  I know that there have been a lot of feature complaints on the new version which I don't really care about.  I just want it not to crash.  It would take endless hours to select and migrate everything to a new platform but if they stop supporting the legacy version, I will be forced to.