5 Year user - Two Main Pet Peeves

T_S_O

Idea

I use Evernote to copy and paste out of daily.

What is a constant interruption of my workflow is that I can hi-lite something, but even though my selection appears clear, there will often be a space on the clipbaord, either before or after the selection, that is not visible int eh selection. It is like the drag inadvertently selects the line above or below, even though they are blank. And there is no visual cue that it has happened. So then I have to paste into Evernote to see if there is an invisible line or space and re-select and repeat until the selection is only what I intended.

ie:

testselection

testselection (If it's good, paste will show directly under line)

testselection (If there are inadvertent spaces, they will show up in the paste by injecting an extra space)

* I have included examples where the same selection (at least visually) can post as 2 different results

Pet Peeve #2.

Some Desktop App updates will totally change my view, and it will happen at random times when I'm usually under stress, and suddenly I can't view things the way that I am used to and my workflow is interrupted while I have to play around with the settings, and usually do a bunch of Googling in order to get it back to how I am used to so I can quickly navigate my notes (10,000+)

1 reply to this idea