Absolutely Unconscionable. Fonts.

I left similar feedback during the beta as well. Long time paying customer. Have convinced other people to use Evernote. 

It is UNCONSCIONABLE to say "we're not going to let users choose their own fonts. Because everyone is sharing notes with weird fonts, and that's a problem."

No. Absolutely, NO.

I've been using the current release and the legacy together. Yeah, current release has some nice things. But I will continue using the legacy as long as I can (or until I find an alternate app that fits my work), because I HATE THE FONTS YOU HAVE IMPOSED ON ME! And I don't share notes with anyone but my wife!

Why force this on people? Was it really such the dominant use case that you HAD to IMPOSE it on everyone? 

I'm a historian, with training in the ANE. Among other things, I have some notes in non-Roman fonts in multiple languages. This messes with that a good bit. 

Just really REALLY angry about this today. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, BrooklynBen said:

I left similar feedback during the beta as well. Long time paying customer. Have convinced other people to use Evernote. 

It is UNCONSCIONABLE to say "we're not going to let users choose their own fonts. Because everyone is sharing notes with weird fonts, and that's a problem."

No. Absolutely, NO.

I've been using the current release and the legacy together. Yeah, current release has some nice things. But I will continue using the legacy as long as I can (or until I find an alternate app that fits my work), because I HATE THE FONTS YOU HAVE IMPOSED ON ME! And I don't share notes with anyone but my wife!

Why force this on people? Was it really such the dominant use case that you HAD to IMPOSE it on everyone? 

I'm a historian, with training in the ANE. Among other things, I have some notes in non-Roman fonts in multiple languages. This messes with that a good bit. 

Just really REALLY angry about this today. 

I thought evernote used noto fonts now. You should be able to use every common Unicode code point with them. Which characters aren't displaying correctly?

• Level 5

Users here in the forum (and probably in the real world as well) asked fiercely for the ability to work on notes independently from the OS and device on which a client was installed. It was one long running feature request, drawing quite some votes.

Unified fonts is one of the consequences of this feature: Notes will now show with the same appearance (of which the unified fonts are one aspect) in each client, on each device, in each OS. Since most fonts are OS-specific and run under a restricted license, EN had to plant their own selection of fonts into the app to reach this goal.

If you want to Lay-out something, use a program able to do so, like a word processor or a DTP program. You can embed the file as attachment in a note. EN notes are made for just that: Taking a note, plain and straight, Sans Serif or maybe Script, if you prefer.

You are free to open a new feature request.

• Thanks 1