White Screen again in 10.5.7

I'm having the same issue.  MacOS 10.15.7, Evernote 10.5.7 build 2171 public.  On initial launch, works fine.  Seems like when the computer goes to sleep, and then I try to go back to Evernote later, all note windows are blank.  I can see the list of notes (and the one to two line preview) but nothing in the note window.  Also the pop-up telling you about the 10.5.7 update is blank.  If I quit and restart Evernote, it's fine.

I've been having this problem for several releases now, not exactly sure when it started.  Happy to supply additional info if it's helpful.

• Like 1

I too am having this problem. In dark mode it's the black screen of death. In light mode it's the white screen of death. I'm only on one device + web. My max is 2. Note that it worked fine the last reboot. When it worked fine, an Evernote splash screen came up. The splash screen doesn't come up when black/white screen of death.

Note. Logging out and then logging back in works around this.

v 10.5.7 build 2171 public
Editor: v114.1.14753
Service: v1.25.2
© 2019 - 2020 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Edited by mhegyi
more info
On 12/21/2020 at 5:51 AM, buckethead said:

Searching for notes this morning returns the note list - BUT the note content is white. Quit and restart fixed the problem. However, the old topic is closed and marked as solved in most recent release. It is not fixed - at least for me.

I had the same problem this mornng on a MAC and had to restart twice.  I also have that problem when I start Evenote, I get a white page, I quit Evernote and restart, that normally fixes 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same problem here. It's become a daily annoyance. Seems like it happens mostly after resuming from standby/sleep.

Restarting the app fixes the problem and until next time.

10.6.9-mac-mas-public (458440)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7

MacOS 11.1

I am having the same problem.  If I restart the app it is fine, but then after the computer sleeps and awakes, the content area for the notes is blank.  Been doing this for a month now.  

-Cago

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone experienced any fix for this? It's been happening to me for a little while now, and today it happened as I was heading into a client zoom meeting and as a result I didn't have my notes available, which is pretty frustrating. Seems that it happens anytime my computer goes to sleep

I'm on Mac OS 11.2.1,

Evernote: 10.8.4-mac-ddl-public (2349)
Editor: v118.1.15148
Service: v1.28.1

• 1 month later...

I'm continuing to have this issue.  I've tried every possible menu and shortcut key to get out of the blank window mode, but nothing works.  The ONLY way is to sign out and sign back in. 

If the EN folks are listening, here is one possible hint at the problem...  The "blank" window has the title "Search Results" rather than "Notebooks - Evernote", which is the normal title. 

Oh and I upgraded to 10.10.5 and that did not fix it...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

What's wrong with you: Evernote, we are paying for removing good features (tabs and cmd + j to search) and bringing in bugs? Please this these  feedbacks seriously and it's going to impact you revenue if you still care. 

Edited by Max Wang
Trying to be more "polite"