Evernote keep crashing

Since this morning evernote won't let me change notebooks. Everytime I try to change notebook a message:image.png.04f50d6ef7fcc673f69398f23ce0ad40.png appears.

This is urgent issue as I store my work related notes, and now I'm blocked. I could use web UI but it asks for unsyncing some device, and I don't want to - there's a limit.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5
On 1/13/2021 at 2:21 AM, PinkElephant said:

Have you tried to uninstall the app - completely, really removing all traces by using the app AppCleaner ?

I agree that this may be the most rigorous approach, but would caution users that completely rebuilding a database can a LONG time if you have lots of notes, so patience is required before EN performs at its full potential.

• Level 5

Yes, the full reinstall is only advisable if something is really broken, and can’t be fixed by other means.

But in these cases there is AFAIK no way around it. The most frequent mistake is to uninstall with standard system procedures (pull icon to bin), because this leaves part of the settings and data on local storage. If a fatal mistake is rooted there, you reinstall just to see the problems come back.

So in cases that could not be fixed by other means, doing a full cleaning is the best alternative.

• Like 1