Multiple Sync Issues Across Platforms and Accounts

camercm

Idea

Hi - 

Long time Evernote user. I've had sync issues recently that has led at least once to fully losing a note. I rely on Evernote for its main value proposition - helping you remember everything. If things start getting lost, I'll have to consider migrating. 

Instances:

• Lost note 
    • Friday, Dec 11 (personal account) - Created note on iOS (fully updated v 10)
    • Sat, Dec 12 - Note not present on iOS. Check browser. Not present.
  • Access to note gone
    • Early December - Created note on personal account on iOS. Shared to work account. Accessed on both browser work account and personal account on iOS throughout month.
    • Friday, Dec 18 - When trying to access on work account (browser), note disappeared from Shortcuts and All Notes list.
      • Searched for it and found it - it was BLANK, including no toolbar. Booted up PC app. Same exact presentation of blank and no toolbar.
      • Other notes accessible on multiple platforms
      • App is still accessible on iOS through personal account, through which it was created.
  • Note not syncing across platforms
    • Tonight, Sunday Dec 20 (personal account) - Created note at about 6:45pm on iOS. Continued to write in it till about 7:15pm. 
    • 7:20pm tried to open up note on computer (browser) to continue typing. Note not present on browser.
    • Still is on iOS. 30 mins later, still won't show up on browser

This is a lot and is shaking my confidence. Thoughts on any of the above??

Thanks,

Cameron

3 replies to this idea

As a follow-up: Today, I checked my notes, and the note referenced in scenario 3 above (Created 12/20/20 at 6:45pm) is not visible on any account, including iOS. That makes it a repeat of scenario 1.

I've deleted the app on my phone and re-downloaded it. I've done some sync testing and it seems to be syncing actively now. So maybe it was an issue on my iOS app?

Following up again to this. Feeling desperate. Since deleting and re-downloading my app, the problem has begun again. On Saturday night I wrote an important note on iOS, clicked the check to return to list view and within a literal second the app cleared the content of the note and made it “Untitled Note”, with no body. I watched the title and preview go from populated to cleared in front of my eyes. 

Maybe it’s a sync issue? It’s thinking that the blank yet-to-be-populated version of the note in the cloud is the up-to-date version?

BAAAAAH HELP PLEASE. I’ve trusted so much to Evernote. 

• Level 5

Have you really cleared out the old installation ?

Try a complete un- / reinstall: Uninstall the app, dump all data, switch the i-device completely off, switch it on again (Apple logo must show), install the app from the AppStore, log in, let it sync completely. If this still does not do the job, you could try the same, with a forced restart (how to depends on the device you have, see Apple support https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios ).

If something like in your post happens, you can try the universal iOS undo: Immediately shake your device vigorously. If it does not work, you can enable it in the accessibility settings. Looks a bit crazy, but usually does the job.

If the new note has synced to the server, you may try note history there. Maybe your content is somewhere inside of the history.

Just my ideas, have not lost anything myself since updating to 10.2.