Selecting notebook causes a jump to a different notebook and request to reload the page

terminatee

Idea

I'm running 10.5.7 on Windows. I selected notebook "A". Instead of opening that notebook, Evernote tried to open notebook "B". The "we don't know what's going on" error message came up: "Sorry, we're having some trouble. Try reloading the page." In the upper lefthand corner of the window, it shows notebook "B"s name. Click on reload and it takes me to B when I had selected A. What have I tried to fix this?

a) Sign out and sign back in. No dice.
b) Quit Evernote and get back in. No dice.
c) Check and see if the problem happens with the web client. NO, it doesn't.
d) Restart the computer and get back in to Evernote. Initially I thought the problem had gone away, but then it returned.

This has got me worried. I'm attaching my log file for anyone who thinks they can sort this out.

EN log to view 2020-1220

12 replies to this idea

I escalated this to the Evernote support team. I'm starting to work on this with them. 

At least now I know I'm not crazy!

I'll post again when some progress is made (or not). Seems like this started right after the 10.5.7 release. Is that what you've experienced?

Long time Evernote user, first time on the forums.  I came looking for a solution to this same problem.  I can still access all of the notes through the All Notes section, but several of my individual notebooks refuse to load.  I've closed and reopened Evernote and rebooted.  Sometimes this gets some notebooks working, but then others fail.  I also get different notebooks failing to open on my laptop versus my desktop.  

Windows 10
v 10.5.7 build 2171 public
Editor: v114.1.14753
Service: v1.25.2

Looking over these forums I'm shocked at all the issues.  Maybe I'm not enough of a power user, or maybe I've just been lucky, but this is the first real problem I've had with Evernote.  

• Like 1

Im having the exact same problem on a mac in the desktop version. Im really starting to worry now that my data is not safe with evernote. All of my medical school notes are in there. I have an exam right after the holidays and I'm now having trouble accessing them. I have never ever had an issue like this on evernote before - which was the main reason I stayed with this platform. It might be that I now just need to move to apple notes or even just to MS Office for peace of mind

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, avalon said:

Im really starting to worry now that my data is not safe with evernote.

I think my data is safe with Evernote     
I also think the Version 10 product is a work-in-progress, and imho not ready for general use   
I use the Evernote Legacy product

• Thanks 1

Avalon - it appears the web client is not having the same issues. Perhaps you could just use Evernote from the web until things are ironed out.

I've also been directed to another thread where others are reporting the same problem. I would expect with so many having this problem, that Evernote will address it quickly.

Evernote support had me delete the Evernote file in %appdata%, reboot my machine, and open Evernote again. At the moment, I've not yet seen any problems other than a small "burp".

• Thanks 1

So do you know if they keep backups at evernote? Because my stomach hit the floor today when notebooks started opening and were empty, and then I just couldn't access them later. I would definitely agree this product is not ready for general use. It simply shouldn't have been released yet. One things that has made me a loyal customer over the years has been reliability - but now this has definitely changed. I'm going to try the legacy version for now I guess, but realistically when you are paying for a product you dont expect to have to be trying to fix issues caused by the company.

3 minutes ago, terminatee said:

Avalon - it appears the web client is not having the same issues. Perhaps you could just use Evernote from the web until things are ironed out.

I've also been directed to another thread where others are reporting the same problem. I would expect with so many having this problem, that Evernote will address it quickly.

Evernote support had me delete the Evernote file in %appdata%, reboot my machine, and open Evernote again. At the moment, I've not yet seen any problems other than a small "burp".

Oh that might be easier than reverting to the legacy version for now. Thanks.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, terminatee said:

Could one you experienced forum participants please tell this newbie (me) how to reply to a specific post in such a way that a portion of their post is shown at the top of mine? 🙂

439272171_ScreenShot2020-12-24at12_32_39.png.0cc2d6a6f858bf80d73452f162185675.png

• Like 1