(Archived) improved search options

I would like to see even more control over searching as my database grows. Back in the early 90's I used a program called Infoselect that had better search functions back then than Evernote has now.

Here is a link to an older version of Infoselect with a picture of their search function http://www.miclog.com/is/7/features/search.shtml

I am sure their search has improved even further since this link as they are up to version 10 now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5
Advanced search options are needed but doesn't have to be too complicated

Would like an option to limit search to title only. Often my searches return too many hits and will be more of a problem as my database grows

To limit search to title only, just use intitle:xxxyyyzzz

Then Evernote will only search the title.

To limit search to title only, just use intitle:xxxyyyzzz

Then Evernote will only search the title.

The default search behaviour should be to search body & title. Just searching the body means I have to replicate the title into the body all the time. Using the intitle search is very annoying on the iPhone.

The default search behaviour should be to search body & title.

Umm...it is. Not sure what the heck you're talking about...the reply you quoted was in response to someone wanting to search only in the title field. And clearly noted in the text you quoted.

Just searching the body means I have to replicate the title into the body all the time.

It would, if that were true. (See paragraph above.)

Archived