Delete "resource-cache" folder in evernote for mac ?

• 4 months later...

I also have this problem with Evernote taking up over 17GB of space across

Application Support > Evernote > resource-cache
Containers > com.evernote.Evernote

I've uninstalled Evernote and deleted the folders.

Afre re-installing Evernote and giving it a couple of hours to sync the folder in "Containers" did NOT re-appear and then "resource-cache" folder has re-appeared and is at 2.2GB.

So saved ~15GB, will see how this changes over time as I use Evernote

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, MikeMcGarry said:

Application Support > Evernote > resource-cache

This folder is used for offline access

It's optional - disable it in Preferences > Save Data at Log Out726651176_ScreenShot2021-05-06at19_55_08.png.4633ec8be59db4eb173e1c655fc4a864.png

• 1 year later...

Hey!

I'm having a similar problem. I upload a lot of things to evernote and I've found the resource-cache folder is taking up way too much space. If left untouched, it will fill up my entire hard drive (around 200-300gbs in the resource-cache folder). Is it trying downloading all my notes into the folder??

"It's optional - disable it in Preferences > Save Data at Log Out"

I tried this, and the cache folder still gets massive. I've tried unistalling & reinstalling evernote, still no luck though. Is there anything I can try apart from unticking the new "Keep a copy of my notes on this device at sign-out" option?

Thanks a lot!

• Level 5

When you uninstall moving an app (any app) to the Trash, the data will not be removed.

For a full uninstall download and use the app AppCleaner, and make sure all components are selected in the removal window.

EN will download your data again - keep the option about the local copy unticked.

Or move the local database to another drive. You need to use symbolic links (symlink) to achieve this.

• 5 months later...

Thanks DTLow,  I untick the  "keep a copy of mynotes on this device at sign-out"
then i log out from evernote.. then it clear the 18GB of the resource-cache folder!! --- is 10kb

then i just need to login again..  now the folder is 50MB... one day later is 3.8GB

• Level 5

Sure, first it dropped the offline content. Now since the „Keep a copy …“ is likely switched on again, it will download the full content of your account to the local drive again.

If you think you don’t want it, start using the web client, and uninstall the desktop client. You loose some features, but since they rely on having local data, you can’t have one without the other.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 6:19 AM, PinkElephant said:

Sure, first it dropped the offline content. Now since the „Keep a copy …“ is likely switched on again, it will download the full content of your account to the local drive again.

If you think you don’t want it, start using the web client, and uninstall the desktop client. You loose some features, but since they rely on having local data, you can’t have one without the other.

yes .. after few days it is back to 18GB again... and  redo the whole process every few days  .. logout .. login .. 18GB -- 0GB -- 18GB --....  =(

• Level 5

This makes NO sense at all. The desktop client is BUILD to use a local database. It will fall back to online, but it will try to rebuild the local database. Unless the local database exists, the client will not perform properly.

Your 3 options:

Uninstall the desktop client, switch to the web client.

If drive space is your problem, install the local database on a different drive. You need to use Symlinks to do so, EN itself doesn’t have the option.

Accept the local database as and where it is. Only remove it if there are signs it might be corrupted, and see it is rebuild after.