cmd + ` not working for window switching?

I am on the most recent App Store release 10.5.7 and "cmd + `" is not working to switch windows. It has actually not been working for a while - though I thought it was working on one of the 10 releases. Support is saying it is not a feature that has been released yet but I have a real hard time believing that. This shortcut is there for every other app......

Is this working for anyone else?

5 minutes ago, Brendan Murphy said:

This is a Mac shortcut and doesn't have anything to do with Evernote.  Is it working for your other applications?  I'd suggest checking your keyboard shortcut settings to see if it may have been disabled.

I thought it might be a macOS shortcut - just never looked. And yea - works for every other app. Ideally I would uninstall the app and reinstall, however I do not have the ability to on this Mac (work computer without admin privileges).

And this was support response when I went back to clarify with them:

"Please allow me to further clarify that if you are referring to switching note windows, this feature hasn't built this feature into the new Evernote app. This is one of a handful of  features we are still considering. Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you. I will share this information with our product team."

6 hours ago, buckethead said:

I thought it might be a macOS shortcut - just never looked. And yea - works for every other app. Ideally I would uninstall the app and reinstall, however I do not have the ability to on this Mac (work computer without admin privileges).

And this was support response when I went back to clarify with them:

"Please allow me to further clarify that if you are referring to switching note windows, this feature hasn't built this feature into the new Evernote app. This is one of a handful of  features we are still considering. Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you. I will share this information with our product team."

I recently contacted support about something entirely different, and received almost the exact same canned reply. I'm guessing support has a large volume of requests and is reading too quickly and tempted to jump to conclusions. 🤷‍♂️

Surprisingly, I responded with the release notes to show them that yes, the feature I was having an issue with was built into the v10.x app, and they promptly responded with a solution. Perhaps you could forward them @Brendan Murphy's screenshot and cross your fingers for the same result...

1 hour ago, Paul A. said:

I recently contacted support about something entirely different, and received almost the exact same canned reply. I'm guessing support has a large volume of requests and is reading too quickly and tempted to jump to conclusions. 🤷‍♂️

Surprisingly, I responded with the release notes to show them that yes, the feature I was having an issue with was built into the v10.x app, and they promptly responded with a solution. Perhaps you could forward them @Brendan Murphy's screenshot and cross your fingers for the same result...

I replied asking them to clarify and got the same response again.....I took the same screenshot on my computer I’ll try sending it to them. Crazy that they cannot take a minute to read and assume that the boiler plate feature is not available is a solution for all. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem, and it's frustrating. Cmd + ` works fine in every other app; I use it constantly. But @Brendan Murphysays it works fine for him, so I wonder what could be different, if we're both running the same version (I assume). I have 10.5.7 with Catalina, Mac OS 10.15.7--maybe it will be fixed when I upgrade to Big Sur? (I need to wait until the IT people at work give the OK.) I already tried trashing the app (which I think is the same as "uninstalling") and re-downloading and installing from the Mac App Store. No effect.

• Level 5

Issue a support ticket.

P.S. This is a known issue, open, pending. EN v10 currently lacks proper app settings, so it overwrites system or other app settings without a chance to change it.

To get rid of the problem, install the legacy client and wait until v10 matures.