[Feature Released Version 10.9] Moving notes - drag and drop

Vstk

Idea

version 10.5.7 2171 public

• We are still unable to move several notes at once with drag and drop functionality, this is a pain, completely counter intuitive.
  • Notebook piles used to auto expand instantly on the left pane while dragging - wasn't great but I could live with it. Now they do not expand anymore at all, that is really bad. IMO the best would be auto expand after a short delay (like 1 second)
  • Like 2

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi All,

This feature has been released in our most update, version 10.9.

You can learn more here:

This thread is now closed.

If you have a new/updated feature you would like to see, please create a new thread.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Vstk said:

Notebook piles used to auto expand instantly on the left pane while dragging - wasn't great but I could live with it. Now they do not expand anymore at all, that is really bad.

I can reproduce this. I hope that it is a bug (there are alot in 10.5.7). It is certainly illogical that you can drag a note into a notebook on the sidebar unless the notebook happens to be in a stack.

• Like 1
On 12/18/2020 at 5:19 AM, Vstk said:

version 10.5.7 2171 public

• We are still unable to move several notes at once with drag and drop functionality, this is a pain, completely counter intuitive.

Completely agree that this is very important to address. It is so unintuitive the way it works now. The interface will let you select multiple notes in the notes panel, but if you drag/drop them to any notebook on the left nav (which the interface makes it look like you can do), it only moves the top note of your multi-note selection? Doesn't make any sense at all.

Since the multi-drag/drop is part of Legacy Evernote, I trust this will return to v10 – I hope it is sooner than later. I'm upvoting this and hope others do too.

This is a huge deal for me in terms of being able to explain organizing Evernote to other users. You've made it very difficult, as I have to explain that 1) they can only move up to 50 notes at a time (big issue which I understand will change over time, but it is the current reality), and 2) the only way to move notes in mass is to use the move command or icon in the blue bar at the bottom vs using the intuitive drag/drop method which the current interface make it look like works, but it doesn't.

In terms of training users, this function is more important to me than key commands (which I consider essential) and the way it works now is frustrating as well as a very big obstacle for me in explaining how Evernote works. It's clunky...not elegant. In Legacy, it's elegant.

• Like 3

Dragging and dropping is still an awkward experience. Issues mentioned have not been addressed and another bug is the following :

- scroll the left pane down so that shortcuts are hidden and you can only see notebooks

- drag a note and try to have the left pane automatically scroll up (look for a notebook that is hidden up)

-> works when going down but not up

• Like 1