After Updating to 10.5.6 "Sorry, we’re having some trouble."

Hello- Evernote was working fine, just updated to 10.5.6 and now when I try to view a notebook, I get "Sorry, we’re having some trouble.". Tried restarting, etc... still getting this no matter what. Evernote now unusable. Web data is still available and viewable.

Fix available?

M1 MBP, 11.1

Thx!

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 1.57.24 PM.png

Experiencing the same issue since upgrading to 10.5.7 on Windows 10 - some notebooks work fine, others giving me the above error message (though the same notebooks work fine in web app). Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Yes, v10.5.7 - I am seeing this very regularly although random in nature.  Usually clicking the Notebook a second time loads it - but there is a definite instability here.

macOS 11.1 4.2Ghz i7 64GB RAM, 1GB duplex fibre Internet

On 12/17/2020 at 3:00 PM, wphall said:

Hello- Evernote was working fine, just updated to 10.5.6 and now when I try to view a notebook, I get "Sorry, we’re having some trouble.". Tried restarting, etc... still getting this no matter what. Evernote now unusable. Web data is still available and viewable.

Fix available?

M1 MBP, 11.1

Thx!

I am having exactly the same problem with the same update with a Mac OS. 

On 12/17/2020 at 3:00 PM, wphall said:

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 1.57.24 PM.png

I'm experiencing the same - macOS Big Sur, Evernote v10.5.7, every time I switch Notebook, I am told 'Sorry, we're having some trouble. Try reloading the page.' It then works when I click the second time. Super irritating.

image.thumb.png.b5b4a5c1b490979b629daee6222f284e.png

Having the same problem after upgrade to 10.5.7.  Only one of my notebooks is accessible; all others are not.  Is there any way to return to an earlier version?

Tried complete uninstall and re-install; did not fix the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Evernote has not updated the App. They sort of dumped the broken App and then ran away for the holidays and haven't looked back. Can't really blame them (except for the broken App). Unfortunately, I've been forced to separate from Evernote which is a real bummer. I have a lot of data that is not allowed to be hosted on 3rd party servers. When Evernote switch to version 10 (which I actually like BTW), they very quietly removed any local option and even more dirty, they moved local stuff to their servers with no notification. I know most do this, but it was a great differentiator of Evernote and they should have very loudly told users they were doing this (naughty). Will return once I no longer need to have everything local only.

Good luck with Evernote: They seem to be in some challenging times and hope they figure all this out.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, wphall said:

They sort of dumped the broken App and then ran away for the holidays and haven't looked back.

From 10.0 they're up to 10.6.9 in less than three months, so I'd say they may be quiet,  but they are still working.

5 minutes ago, wphall said:

I have a lot of data that is not allowed to be hosted on 3rd party servers.

Me too.  There are any number of local-hosting databases and while I keep my plans for World Domination in there,  I do have links to directly open the files from my (legacy) Evernote notes - when I've fully converted my local notebook to third party storage - and when Evernote have more legacy features in the new app - I might consider "upgrading"...

I agree with you about the notice,  but this is not the first app that's changed their ground rules unexpectedly requiring me to revamp my workflow,  and I'm sure it won't be the last.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, jakubT said:

I'm still experiencing the issue. Please fix

Are you still on 10.5.6?  You could update,  or try the Legacy app.  We're not Support by the way - for more direct feedback please submit a ticket.  I know it says they're busy,  but when you have a ticket number at least you have a place in the queue...

Agree all around. When I said they rightfully took a break over the holidays, this is exactly what I meant: They have really done a lot of work over a short time. And I really do like the new client but I'm not a forever legacy user: Just sort of basic note taking and info storage. And yes, very much agree about changing things on people with no notification: This is the new Silicon Valley way :^)

• Like 1

I'm on 10.5.7 which didn't fix it. I did open a ticket, but they needed logs which I'm unable to submit. So, I'm just sort of in a hurry up and wait mode which isn't a big deal: The web version is just as good and this is only for info that I'm able to host. Again, I'm not really bashing Evernote: They are in a tough spot in a tough business. It's still superior in a tons of ways. 

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

From 10.0 they're up to 10.6.9 in less than three months, so I'd say they may be quiet,  but they are still working.

Me too.  There are any number of local-hosting databases and while I keep my plans for World Domination in there,  I do have links to directly open the files from my (legacy) Evernote notes - when I've fully converted my local notebook to third party storage - and when Evernote have more legacy features in the new app - I might consider "upgrading"...

I agree with you about the notice,  but this is not the first app that's changed their ground rules unexpectedly requiring me to revamp my workflow,  and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Quick question: Which do you like that still let you host locally. Of all that I've looked at, Evernote is still superior, but for these sensitive notes, which do you use. Hate to say it, I'm keeping stuff in Pages on my Mac. Sad, but very flexible when assigning text as topics and creating a sidebar for my index.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, wphall said:

Quick question: Which do you like that still let you host locally.

My favourite so far is RightNote - it's a basic flat database with some good search and display capabilities.  It is Windows only though...