Beware using v10.5.7 & Legacy simultaniously - file attachments NOT SAVING

I updated to 10.5.7 this morning in the middle of something I was working on. That something was an excel doc that lives in EN. I had saved it at least once and can see that because the file does show today's tab. I restarted my computer after the update. (Incidentally, I had a hard time getting v10.5.7 to even start).

The short version of this story is, even though I'm a compulsive saver and had specifically synced in Legacy several times after my update, my file never actually saved beyond that early morning change.

After doing the same tests in both versions, in the note and separately in the excel, I believe the problem is that I had both 10.5.7 AND Legacy open at the same time. This was not an issue when I had 10.4.4

I keep hoping that v10 will improve, but I think my best bet is to give it up entirely until they improve both sync (OMG give back the sync button!) and search. FRUSTRATED.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, 10gallonhat said:

I think my best bet is to give it up entirely until they improve both sync

Sounds like a plan.  Get through the holidays and come back later.  These forums need to quiet down before I'm even going to put V10 on a backup machine.  

Unfortunately I'm one of those people who didn't read the notes beforehand and thought v10 was just another update...

V10 makes me want to cry and that's not a relationship I will tolerate with my software. I just need to get info in (and have it actually be there) and be able to find it to get it back out when needed, without feeling betrayed. Is that too much to ask?