• Level 5*

Table editing is not currently supported    
Evernote says table editing is a pending feature for the Version 10 product; no timetable but we expect to see it shortly

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Adding a row is the only function that works in iOS.

Go to the last cell of the existing table. Now you need a keyboard with a <tab> key (soft- or hard keys).  Hit <tab>, and a new row will be added.

Deleting is not possible, and no other tab functions. EN is working on adding tab functions to the iOS client, which would be a real improvement, because the old iOS client was lacking table functions.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

(From pink elephant:Adding a row is the only function that works in iOS.

Go to the last cell of the existing table. Now you need a keyboard with a <tab> key (soft- or hard keys).  Hit <tab>, and a new row will be added.)

is there any way to add rows to a table on an ipad? With my windows computer l hover over a dot at the edge of a row and i can do it easily. But there are no dots when i open the same note on my ipad.  Anything i can do? I can’t carry my desktop computer with me...

• Level 5

You have copied my description in your own post.

The tab key is AFAIK the only way to add a new row to an existing table it in the current iOS versions, and it is still not official. But it works. You can add a standard table already through the blue + sign in editing mode.

Full editing support for tables in iOS is in the „next features“ section of the EN iOS v10.4 release. So probably any time soon, however without a date.

Thee are soft keyboards for iOS in the AppStore that have a tab key. You don’t necessarily need a physical keyboard, install one of these in iOS settings, and you have a working tab key. Often these are keyboards for programming, so they may have other useful features as well. You can switch between installed keyboards while using them.

• Like 2