Link to Specific Outlook Emails from Evernote?

aukirk

Idea

This isn't really an Evernote feature request, but more of a question... does anyone know an easy way (i.e. not digging into the code of an email) to get a link back to a specific message in Outlook?  Even if the link takes you to Outlook webmail that would be fine.  Often I want do not need to copy an entire email to Evernote, but want to be able to go back to it quickly.

I have started testing out putting a unique string of characters under my signature line on emails I want to get back to, then putting that in Evernote so I can copy and paste it to search Outlook for the email.  However, (a) it is weird for people getting the email and (b) the search returns all subsequent emails in that chain where the code is down in the earlier email. 

Any tips/tricks on how to generate a link or quick reference to go to a specific email in Outlook (i.e. one that has attachments or something else I specifically want to return to)?

2 replies to this idea

On 6/7/2021 at 9:17 PM, Josh B said:

I've had a good look around and can't see this conversation anywhere else, but I can't for the life of me get the SourceURL for notes created through the Evernote for Outlook add-on to open the linked email.

It opens up the web version of Outlook, but takes me directly to my inbox instead of the email I'm looking for.

The fact I can't find a solution anywhere suggests it's probably my error more than anything. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar experience, or found any fixes?

On 12/17/2020 at 11:38 PM, DTLow said:

Not an outlook user but I include the raw email in .eml format as a note attachment

How do you do this? Can it be done from mobile device?