"Drag and drop" a note to a tag in the left panel does not work anymore in the new Evernote for Windows version. Please bring this back.

jgvalcarcel1

Idea

In the previous version of Evernote for Windows I could tag a note by dragging and dropping it to a tag in the left panel. This does not work anymore in the new Evernote for Windows.

This is extremely disturbing to my workflow. As many users, I use a "tag tree" in the left panel to classify my notes, since it allows me to have a wide perspective of all the different categories (represented by tags). Since I had all the tags at sight, I could simply drag a note and drop it to the tags I needed. Now this is not possible, and I have to manually search and write the tags for each note.

Please restore this feature in the new Evernote for Windows version. Also, please restore the SYNC button and the ability to delete a note with the DELETE button in the keyboard.

Thank you 

7 replies to this idea

21 hours ago, jgvalcarcel1 said:

In the previous version of Evernote for Windows I could tag a note by dragging and dropping it to a tag in the left panel. This does not work anymore in the new Evernote for Windows.

One of the other ways of tagging a note in the legacy version was to drag the tag from the sidebar to the note in the note list. This still works.

Alternatively you can use the edit tags menu (alt-ctrl-T) which also gives you the tags hierarchy.

@jgvalcarcel1Yes it would be great if this would come back. I used that feature a lot. And: if the count of a tag in the favorits section is 0, then that tag disappears from the favorits section. Which breaks my work process. 

@Mike P Draging a tag from the side bar (favorits section) to a note (note list or not itself) seems not working. 

3 hours ago, mczin said:

Draging a tag from the side bar (favorits section) to a note (note list or not itself) seems not working. 

I haven't tried that. I was talking about dragging a tag from the tags section to the note.

• Level 5

They are not removing features.

The new apps have a completely new code base, so what is missing has probably not been added yet. Some functions have be definitely removed, see the release notes for the clients on the help page.

Currently the workaround for missing features on a desktop is to install the legacy client. It can be done in parallel to v10.

On 6/17/2021 at 6:23 AM, Synapsehead said:

Not any more.  They removed that too.  Are they gradually removing features?

For me dragging a tag from the sidebar onto the note in the note list or dragging the note from the notelist onto the tag in the sidebar both work.

10.15.6-win-ddl-beta (2691)
Editor: v125.1.16140
Service: v1.36.3
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved